*Sorry the picture is horrible, I took it with my old phone. I’ve since upgraded.
Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
Source: Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Recipes, Winter 2010
- 1 (24 oz) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes – I used the “Country Style”)
- 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- ¾ cup (3 oz) reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T real bacon pieces (such as Hormel, often found in the salad toppings section of the grocery store)
- 2 T chopped green onions
- Butter flavored cooking spray
1. Combine all the ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl. Shape potato mixture into 16 (2 inch) cakes.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of potato cakes to pan (or however many fit at once, you’ll need to work in batches). Cook 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining potato cakes.
Yields 8 servings, 2 cakes per serving. WW P+: 4 per serving