Meatloaf with mashed potatoes is one of the ultimate comfort food meals. I’ve seen quite a few recipes for meatloaf muffins and I’ve been anxious to try them because not only do I really like meatloaf but I love anything that comes in “mini” or individual sizes. That’s also helpful for portion control! This recipe from Cooking Light (I only made a minor modification) was absolutely delicious. The ingredients blended together perfectly and the two-muffin serving size was very filling, especially served with green beans and mashed potatoes. Mmm. I felt literally comforted by this meal, and it was perfect on a cold winter night, so I definitely recommend it!
Yield: 6 (2 muffin) servings
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 c finely chopped onion (I used a food processor)
- 1/2 c finely chopped carrot (I used a food processor)
- 1 t oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs 95% lean ground beef, raw
- 24 finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers
- 2 T mustard
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Bring the olive oil to a medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the chopped onion, carrot, oregano and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ½ c of the ketchup, the ground beef, the crushed saltines, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, eggs and onion mixture and mix well.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and spoon meatloaf mixture evenly into the 12 cups. Spoon 2 teaspoons of ketchup over the top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per (2 muffin) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
271 calories, 31 g carbs, 7 g fat, 22 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
Source: Cooking Light