May 14

Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts

Is there anyone who doesn’t love peanut butter and jelly? It’s tasty and comforting and it conjures up memories from childhood. Plus, there’s peanut butter in it. I’ve had the idea for a while to incorporate these flavors into a doughnut, so I went off searching for peanut butter doughnut recipes to start with as a base. I ended up using some components from the Peanut Butter Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze on Fake Ginger, though I lightened them up a lot, made them my own and incorporated jelly! These turned out tasty and it was a fun way to eat to eat PB&J for breakfast!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts

Yield: 6 doughnuts

• ¼ c peanut butter
  • ¼ c sugar
  • 1/3 c plus 1 T skim milk
  • 1T fat free Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
  • ½ t vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c white whole wheat flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • ¼ t salt
  • 2 T sugar free preserves (I used Smuckers Raspberry)

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Lightly spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and sugar and blend with an electric mixer until combined. Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla and egg and mix again. Add flour, baking powder and salt and use mixer again until just combined.
  3. Using a spoon or piping bag, evenly distribute the batter mixture into the spaces in the doughnut pan. Put the two rounded tablespoons of jelly into a small dish and microwave on high for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle a teaspoon of melted jelly over the batter in each doughnut space. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in comes out clean. Cool before eating.

5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

An Emily Bites Original

15 Responses to “Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts”

Vanessa — May 14, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

This looks sinfully delicious! Seriously considering investing in a doughnut pan now…

emilybites — May 14, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

You should get one! I think mine was only $10-ish on Amazon. Totally worth it!

Shannon Demi — May 15, 2011 @ 1:11 am

They sound really good! I love baked doughnuts! I made some maple cinnamon ones and powdered buttermilk lemon and they were AMAZING! Check out the recipe on my blog. I use the mini doughnut pan! They are so cute and only 2 pts each!

Runner129 — May 15, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

These look so good! I really appreciate all the donut recipes you’ve posted…I bought one to make the pumpkin spice donuts (LOVED THEM!) and now I have more recipes to play around with! I can’t wait to make these.

I also bought mine from Amazon, it was around $10!

Lori in NC — January 19, 2012 @ 4:01 am

I bought a pan just to make some of your donut recipes, and boy, was it worth every penny. Yum, yum, yum. The only problem was I couldn’t stop at one. I love that the batter puffed up and they looked all donut-y, because I kind of expected them to be flat on the top.

I got my pan at AC Moore (a craft store), in with the cake decorating supplies. It was $10, but those kinds of stores usually have coupons, so I got it down to $5.

I can’t wait to try some more of the recipes!

• emilybites replied: — January 19th, 2012 @ 4:03 am

Awesome! I’m glad you loved these! I just got a mini doughnut pan for Christmas so I am planning to make some mini ones soon too!

Anonymous — January 29, 2012 @ 5:09 am

@ Vanessa… Or you could buy one of those baby donut makers ($20). They are super easy and fun! Also they make alot in a short amount of time. Great for entertaining! :) (lol can you tell I love mine!)

Anonymous — March 2, 2012 @ 4:54 am

These look amazing! Would they work in a mini muffin pan as donut holes, do you think? I would love to have portioned controlled servings.

• emilybites replied: — March 3rd, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

I’m sure they probably would. I don’t personally know how many it would make or how long to cook them because I have never made them that way, but I would guess they’d cook faster. Let me know!

Jac — March 17, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

These are amazing!! It took about 15 minutes in my oven, but otherwise? I wouldn’t change a thing!!

• emilybites replied: — March 18th, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

I’m so happy you loved them! :)

Anonymous — November 4, 2012 @ 4:08 am

I recommend layering them with jam and batter or else they come out a little dry. They were good though

BMW Enterprises, LLC — February 10, 2013 @ 8:34 am

OMG I am in love with your site. I cannot wait to make all these recipes!!! And thank you so much for putting the PPV in everything. Brilliant! I do have a question. Can I use rice or soy milk in your recipes that call for skim? Would it affect the PPV? Thanks so much, Barbara

BMW Enterprises, LLC — February 10, 2013 @ 8:35 am