Best of 2011 Reader’s Choice Award Winners
Without further ado, here are the winners of your 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards:
1. Best Appetizer: Mini Spinach Dip Bread Bowls
Emily’s Pick*: Pepperoni Pizza Mini Puffs or the Mini Spinach Bread Bowls – I was the tie-breaker on this one!
Emily’s Pick: Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Emily’s Pick: Sausage, Egg & Cheese Hash Brown Cups OR Pumpkin, Cranberry & Apple Baked Oatmeal – I am so bad at choosing!4. Best Baked Good: Monkey Bread Muffins (by a landslide!)
Emily’s Pick: Rasberry Cream Cheese Muffins
5. Best Comfort Food: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Runner Up: Creamy Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
Emily’s Pick: The 1st and 2nd place winners were only separated by one vote in this category and I think they’re both fab, so…both.
6. Best Dessert: Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies
7. Best Italian: Best Lasagna Ever (by a landslide)
8. Best Main Course “Muffin/Cupcake”: this was a 3-way, almost 4-way tie, but I went with Taco Cupcakes!
9. Best Mexican Dish: Taco Casserole Bake
10. Best Pasta Dish: Cheesy Taco Pasta (landslide)
Runner Up: Pasta with Feta & Roasted Vegetables
Emily’s Pick: I pick Cheesy Taco Pasta is my first choice. There was actually a tie for 2nd place between the Pasta with Feta and the Sausage & Pumpkin Pasta, but since the Pasta with Feta was my strong second choice I broke the tie.
11. Best Pizza: Buffalo Chicken Pizza
12. Best Soup: Chicken Tortilla Soup (landslide)
13. Best Vegetarian Recipe: Mushroom Risotto
Runner Up: Spicy Black Bean Burgers
Emily’s Pick: I really love both the first and second place winners in this category, so I’m going to just ditto your votes, though it’s hard for me not to throw Italian Farro Bake in there!
This is also a funny way to see how much better my food photography has gotten in a year. I need to remake some of these winning recipes in 2012 and take some replacement photos!
Thanks so much again to all of you for reading my blog, cooking my recipes and encouraging and inspiring me with your comments. Merry Christmas and Happy Blogiversary to emilybites.com and all of you who read it!