Meat Lover’s Pizza
Meat Lover’s Pizza is typically one of those ultimate indulgences you crave when you want to “be really bad.” Ordering a pizza loaded with all those meats feels decadent, over-the-top and a little dangerous. It’s a shame those feelings are often followed by a tight waistband and a generous helping of guilt. This pizza is the perfect way to give in to your craving and feel good about it afterward! It even takes less time to put together than it does to call and wait for delivery. If you’re looking for saucy, cheesy pizza piled with spicy sausage, zippy pepperoni and smoky bacon, look no further. You can have you Meat Lover’s Pizza and eat it too.
Meat Lover's Pizza
Yield: 6 slices
- 1 (4 oz) hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed (I used Jennie-O)
- Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni, sliced into quarters
- 2 tablespoons Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon Bits
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place sausage in a small skillet and bring it over medium heat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is browned.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly over the top, followed by the pepperoni pieces. Spread the cooked sausage crumbles evenly across the pizza and follow with the bacon bits. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the Italian seasoning over top.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a preheated pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
207 calories, 24 g carbs, 8 g fat, 14 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original