French Dip “Cupcakes”
I make a lot of lists as a food blogger. Currently my “up next” list, where I index the next few recipes I’d like to make, has 53 ideas on it. That should keep me busy for a while on its own, but it grows every day as I think of something new or see something I want to adapt. If only I was a full time food blogger…*daydreams*. The list is getting so long that I actually implemented a color coded system to determine the order in which I plan to make each recipe. The great thing about this is that I really love making lists. The funny thing is that I rarely stick to them. For instance, French Dip Wonton Cupcakes did not appear on my list until a couple days ago when I saw French Dip sliders on a menu. My cravings tend to supersede any and all organizational systems I put in place, so as you can see, these were bumped up 53 spots, straight to the top.
These “cupcakes” definitely satisfied my French Dip craving. Piles of thinly sliced roast beef, smothered in Au Jus gravy and cheese and nestled in a perfect little wonton cup? Yes, please! The other great thing about this recipe is that it takes almost no time to put together, so it’s a great idea for weeknights when you don’t really feel like cooking.
French Dip "Cupcakes"
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- 12 oz deli roast beef, thinly sliced and chopped into pieces (I used my store brand’s 96% fat free kind)
- 4 Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, chopped
- 1/3 cup Au Jus gravy (I used Heinz which comes in a jar by the other gravy)
- 16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
- 4 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the roast beef, cheese wedges and Au Jus sauce. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir to combine until cheese wedges are melted and roast beef mixture is fully coated with cheese and Au Jus sauce.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon about half of the roast beef mixture evenly amongst the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per cupcakes (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
129 calories, 8 g carbs, 4 g fat, 14 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original