Thai Chicken Biscuit Cups
I’m always on the lookout for new main course “muffin” ideas, and after using the Bisquick Heart Smart Mix a few weeks ago to make my Banana Pancake Bites, I was excited to stumble across a recipe using it to make chicken cups. These cups are delicious, filling and hearty. The Bisquick mixture holds everything together and adds a nice biscuit flavor and a sturdiness to the cups, but the bulk of them is made up of the chicken, onions, scallions and cilantro. This gives you a great combination of flavors, packed with protein and low in carbs. The salty, crunchy toasted peanuts on top are the perfect complement to the Thai flavor from the red curry paste. If you’re looking for something filling and tasty with a bit of an Asian twist, this recipe is for you.
Thai Chicken Biscuit Cups
Yield: 12 biscuit cups
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup scallions (green onions), sliced (plus additional for garnish)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (found with the other Asian ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted cocktail peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375. Generously mist a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, bring the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook 5-7 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked through. Add the chopped onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the scallions, cilantro, curry paste and lime juice. Stir until completely combined and cook for another 1-2 minutes until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat and cool for five minutes. Mix in Mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, milk and eggs until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the Bisquick mixture into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Top that layer with about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture. Spoon another tablespoon of the Bisquick mixture over the top of each cup until it’s all used up.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and then remove from the oven and sprinkle the peanuts over the top of each biscuit cup. Return the cups to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cups are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes and then slide a knife around the edges of each cup to loosen it and remove it from the tin. Top each cup with scallions for garnish.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per cup (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
138 calories, 7 g carbs, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Betty Crocker