May 05

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

Sweet, tart, and oh-so-creamy, this frozen yogurt recipe is a perfect healthy treat for the hot summer days ahead. I’ve always loved raspberry and chocolate together, and I have been craving frozen treats lately, so this seemed like the perfect solution. With only four ingredients, this recipe is simple and refreshing with nothing artificial or hard to pronounce. Using mini chocolate chips ensures chocolate in every bite, and the combination of tangy raspberries and sweet chocolate is a real treat. I will definitely use fat free Greek yogurt to make similar recipes again, because it produced a really smooth, creamy, thick consistency. This dessert tastes too decadent to be so healthy. Go ahead and fool your taste buds!

I absolutely recommend the ice cream machine I have. I use a Cuisinart model (available for purchase through Amazon – see the “My Store” tab at the top of the page to add the exact model to your Amazon cart) and it’s so fast and easy to use. You simply keep the machine’s bowl in your freezer and whenever you want to make ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet you mix up the ingredients, put the bowl on the machine, start it up, pour in mixture and in less than 20 minutes you have ice cream! No rock salt or ice required.

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

Yield: 8 (1/2 cup) servings

• 3 cups frozen (or fresh) raspberries (I used frozen. You can use either, but evidently it freezes faster if you use frozen)
  • 2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Combine the raspberries, yogurt and sugar in a food processor and run until thoroughly combined into a smooth, thick yogurt.
  2. Put the entire mixture into an ice cream freezer/maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. In the last few minutes of freezing add the chocolate chips. Freeze any leftovers in an  airtight container.

3 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

120 calories, 21 g carbs, 2 g fat, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

adapted from Eating Well

18 Responses to “Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt”

Stephanie — May 5, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Looks delicious! I love raspberries and chocolate together…I may have to get myself an ice cream maker.

• emilybites replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 12:21 am

Do it! I love this recipe and I can’t wait to make it again and try different twists. An ice cream maker is totally worth it.

StarvingBitch — May 5, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

I may make this with strawberries as i’m not a big frozen raspberries dessert fan, but it looks amazing.

• emilybites replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 12:21 am

Let me know how you like it with strawberries!

frenchtwistedwoman — May 5, 2012 @ 7:16 pm

This sounds delicious and I am always looking for new recipes for my ice cream machine. I just posted my recipe for Chocolate Sorbet (no fat but it does have sugar) but I think that would even be good with fresh raspberries added to it. I’ll have to try that. Thanks.
    Here’s the link if you want it for my Bittersweet Chocolate Sorbet. http://frenchtwistedwoman.com/2012/04/25/bittersweet-chocolate-sorbet-sorbet-au-chocolat-amer/

• emilybites replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 12:22 am

Yum, looks delicious!

I love sweet eats that are easy to whip together! And 3 grams of fiber per serving? Not too shabby for an ice cream treat.

• emilybites replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 12:23 am

Agreed!

Sam Bradberry — May 17, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

I have found myself glued to your blog all afternoon. I have printed nearly every recipe you have on here (ever consider a cookbook?)!! But this recipe here, I’m leaving now for the grocery store to get the stuff to make it. I’ll have to check out the rest of your blog while eating this!!!

• emilybites replied: — May 24th, 2012 @ 12:23 am

Thanks, Sam! I would love to do a cookbook someday. I hope you made this and loved it! :)

Kathy O — May 31, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

I’ve recently started making my own fat free Greek yogurt and can’t wait to try this recipe! Thanks!

Kathy O — May 31, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

Amelia — June 1, 2012 @ 10:23 pm

I’m making this next week and I just wanted to say I am SO excited! I ordered the ice cream maker you have in your shop (I got the red one!) and it should be here on the 5th, I can hardly wait.

Lauren — June 8, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

SOOO yummy looking! Going to try this really soon when I finally get an ice cream maker. :-D

Mom — June 12, 2012 @ 2:34 am

May seem like a silly question, but I put the frozen raspberries in the food processor without thawing them first so the mixture was pretty frozen before I put it in the ice cream maker and it didn’t churn because it was too thick. Did you thaw them first?

Mom — June 12, 2012 @ 2:35 am

• Becky Ginther replied: — January 2nd, 2013 @ 10:38 pm

I had a similar problem. I’m going to try thawing the frozen raspberries first next time.

yoghurtstory — July 6, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

Hey,

This blog is very Excellent.I love this recipes.Thanks for sharing this information.

frozen yogurt