Jul 01

Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps

I have been craving a cheeseburger like crazy lately. I have a lot of fun twists on cheeseburger flavors on my blog already: Cheeseburger Pizza, Cheeseburger “Cupcakes”, Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps, etc. As usual though, I wanted to try something new. I recently remembered my love for Flatouts (I used to buy these all the time and I have no idea how I forgot about them or why I stopped), so a cheeseburger wrap seemed like the perfect dinner solution. I use the ingredients below together in a lot of recipes, so I started brainstorming (well, if you can consider immediately pouncing on the first idea that popped into my head brainstorming…) how to improve upon juicy seasoned ground beef smothered in cheese, ketchup and mustard, topped with crisp lettuce and ripe tomatoes. Then I realized…bacon. Is there anything that can’t be improved with bacon? I love the Hormel Real Bacon Bits because they’re an easy way to add just the right amount of bacon to your dish without any extra work or clean up. These wraps are satisfying, packed full of flavor and they come together quickly. Consider my burger craving squelched.

Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps

Yield: 4 wraps

• 1 lb 95% lean ground beef (raw weight)
  • 1 T McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
  • 4 Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Wedges, cut into pieces
  • 2 T Ketchup
  • 2 t Yellow Mustard
  • 1/3 cup 2% shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 T Hormel Real Bacon Bits
  • 4 light original Flatouts
  • ½ a medium tomato, cut into pieces
  • 1 – 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce

1. Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Add the ground beef and hamburger seasoning and cook until meat is browned. Drain meat. Clean skillet and set aside.
  2. Place meat in a medium bowl and add the cheese wedges, ketchup, mustard, cheddar and bacon bits. Stir to combine. Microwave on high for one minute. Stir again until meat is evenly coated.
  3. Spoon a quarter of the meat mixture (around a generous ½ cup) onto the center of each flatout and spread the mixture lengthwise, leaving about an inch at each end. Evenly distribute the shredded lettuce and tomato pieces across the top of the meat. Fold in the 1” ends of the flatout over the filling and then fold in the long ends to cover it.
  4. Lightly mist the large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium-low heat. Place the wraps fold-side down onto the skillet (I did them in batches of two) and let them cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Flip the wraps and continue to cook until golden on the bottom. Cut in half and serve.

8 per wrap (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

335 calories, 22 g carbs, 13 g fat, 40 g protein, 10 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

An Emily Bites Original

91 Responses to “Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps”

Anonymous — July 1, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

Just put these on the menu for this week!

• emilybites replied: — July 2nd, 2012 @ 2:11 am

I hope you love them!

• Anonymous replied: — July 11th, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

Made this last nighte. Yum!!!!

KristaD — July 1, 2012 @ 11:24 pm

Sounds like a good recipient for the 4th! Going to try it

• emilybites replied: — July 2nd, 2012 @ 2:12 am

Let me know what you think!

Anonymous — July 2, 2012 @ 2:10 am

Where do you buy those flatouts. Live in Canada but shop in Buffalo. Thank.

• emilybites replied: — July 2nd, 2012 @ 2:12 am

Wegmans and Tops both have them!

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — July 2, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

Looks like dinner for tonight…I happen to have all the ingredients at home
    (shocking!)…can’t wait to enjoy them :)

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:14 am

I love when that happens! Let me know how they turn out :)

• Anonymous replied: — January 21st, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Hi was wondering what you could substitute for the laughing cow cheese? I cant seen to find those two flavors anywhere.

• Anonymous replied: — February 27th, 2013 @ 11:58 pm

I’ve used the Santa Fe cream cheese tub before and just did 4 T turned out good might be a little more calories though.

Lisa @ The Cooking Bride — July 2, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

Mmmm, this looks SO GOOD!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:14 am

Thanks, Lisa!

Anonymous — July 2, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

Changed it just a bit with salsa instead of mustard and ketchup and had a chimmi!
    Love your site and recipes

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:14 am

Yummy!

wildbluewonder — July 2, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

Holy moly, these look so delicious!!!! I can’t wait to try them. :)

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:15 am

Hope you love them!

Alicia — July 3, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

I made these for dinner last night and my husband LOVED them, well so did I!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:15 am

Yay! Glad to hear they were a hit!

**Keisha** — July 4, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

I can’t to make these thins weekend. Looks so Delicious!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:15 am

Let me know what you think!

Kristen — July 5, 2012 @ 4:51 am

These are delicious & very filling! We had a hard time getting them to fold up nicely, but my husband finally got the job done! Thanks for sharing Emily!! So good!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:16 am

Happy to hear you both loved them ! :)

Bethie — July 6, 2012 @ 11:09 pm

OMG! These were amazing! We both loved them.

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:16 am

Hooray, glad to hear it!

Carrie — July 9, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Oh my -These are delicious!!! I made stretched the meat out to 5 servings to match the number of flatouts in the package and the points went down to 6. I’m going to try them with LC creamy swiss cheese and put mushrooms in with the meat for a “Mushroom Swiss Bacon Cheeseburger”. Thanks Emily for so many good recipes – you make my WW journey easier and tastier!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:17 am

Yum, great idea! I love mushrooms. Happy you loved them!

Anonymous — July 9, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

This sounds delicious!! I LOVE burgers but not the “why did I eat that” feeling afterwards. Going to try this recipe tomorrow. Paired with the microwaved potato chips, it will be one yummy dinner! Thanks!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:17 am

I hope you loved it!

Suzy — July 11, 2012 @ 12:32 am

I made these tonight and they were very good..but just a note on wrapping them. The first time I tried, the flatouts pretty much crumbled/broke into a bunch of pieces when I tried wrapping them. So I tried again after putting them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften them. Then, I had to put the meat in a long tubular shape inside the wrap. If you spread it out flat you will never be able to wrap them. Then, gently fold up the ends (not too hard or it will break). Next, ROLL the wrap. Do not FOLD it, or it will break in half. Otherwise, very good!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:19 am

Hm, I have never had crumbly flatouts before…I’m wondering if your package was expired or problematic. My flatouts are always super pliable. I’m glad you liked them anyway. Thanks for providing tips in case anyone else has that issue!

Anonymous — July 11, 2012 @ 11:39 am

I agree on the one person that said used Salsa…I was not a big fan of the mustard but my boyfriend loved it…Otherwise was really good..

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:19 am

Glad you both liked it!

Anonymous — July 12, 2012 @ 11:17 am

Can i skip the skillet and combine all the ingredient and just throw it on the grill?

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:20 am

Probably

Anonymous — July 17, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

these sound delicious–will definitely try them…I have a question Emily..how hard is to change a regular casserole recipe to a “cupcake” recipe–you’ve got me addicted to them..lol..

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:20 am

Haha, it’s actually pretty easy. Wonton cupcakes are very versatile – you can layer pretty much anything in there!

Krista — July 19, 2012 @ 10:06 pm

Just tried these and they were awesome!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:21 am

Glad to hear it!

Elizabeth Kyser — July 19, 2012 @ 11:12 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Lauren — July 22, 2012 @ 12:10 am

We tried these last night (our first recipe from the site! :D) and LOVED them! We have a thing for burgers in our house but we wanted to switch it up and the flatbread seemed like a great change. We used two slices of chopped, real bacon and cooked it with the meat to give it some extra flavor. I also loved the usage of laughing cow (my favorite) but we did it with the garlic and herb since that was all we had on hand. Gotta love how cheesy these things are! We will definitely be making these again (and I think I need to add some grilled onions next time, too…YUM!) THANK YOU! I can’t wait to try some of your other recipes.

And to the posters having issues finding the flat outs (which are awesome, by the way) I had to go to walmart to find them because the local grocery store didn’t have them (despite the flat-out website saying they did.) Since walmart is such a large scale company they tend to carry a little more in the way of products, so you might want to check there.

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:22 am

I’m so glad you loved these, Lauren! Thanks for helping out with tips on finding the flatouts :)

Mary T — July 23, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

I made these yesterday for my family. SO delicious! I added onions & mushrooms to the hamburger mix and topped it with jalapenos (for my husband and I) and pickles for the kids. They were easy and tasty and are in our dinner rotation now. Thanks so much for all the great ideas!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:22 am

Sounds tasty – glad your whole family enjoyed these!

Anonymous — July 27, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

Chya.J I think that these things are cool you have real talent maybe you can do other things with the regular foods we eat now a days

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:23 am

Thanks!

Elizabeth B — July 29, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

Absolutely amazing! My husband was even impressed! These are super creamy and filling!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:23 am

Glad to hear these were husband-friendly!

Anonymous — August 6, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

I made this as my first emily bites recipe last night and was super impressed. I changed mine up a bit and it turned out delicious. I didn’t fold the flat out because it seemed to difficult, and also formed the burgers into patties, and just made it like an open face sandwich in the flatout, but it was super good. I want to try grilled onions and other variations.

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:24 am

Glad you liked these! Sounds yummy. Let me know what you try next!

deedles75 — August 7, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

These were delicious! My husband and son loved them too. I made them last week for dinner and they are on the menu this week too!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:24 am

Awesome, sounds like these were a hit! Thanks for letting me know :)

SPeffer — August 16, 2012 @ 2:15 am

SO good! My favorite yet!!! I changed mine a tiny bit but nothing that would change the recipe really. Had no trouble with the wrap and it was maybe one of my favorite things I have ever made. Thank you!

• emilybites replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 3:25 am

I’m so happy you loved them that much! :)

Anonymous — August 22, 2012 @ 2:01 am

This recipe was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tkay — September 6, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

I’ve never commented on a recipe I’ve attempted, but there’s a first time for everything right?

I admit that I’m not much of a cook. :) I made these last night…FABULOUS and EASY! I substituted in ground turkey and turkey bacon. These will now be in the weekly rotation! I bought my Flatouts from Harris Teeter. Thanks for sharing!

Misty — September 18, 2012 @ 12:17 am

We had these tonight, and they were excellent! I rate these as my second favorite Emily Bites recipe (the first being meatloaf muffins). Thank you!

jamee — November 21, 2012 @ 3:49 am

I just made these tonight and they were DELISH!! Thank you so much for sharing this and all your recipes. I can’t wait to try more :o)

Karisa — January 3, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

I just started ww yesterday and I love your website! These were sooo good and filling! Thank you for your recipes they have gotten me off to an amazing start!

Anonymous — January 11, 2013 @ 2:35 am

I made these tonight, and they were amazing! My 4 year old son told me he loves the new recipe! Thank you for sharing!

Catherine Stutler — January 11, 2013 @ 11:54 pm

REALLY good recipe and filling! I would love to eat with some sweet potato fries when I have some extra points!

Anonymous — January 15, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

Thanks for the low calorie recipes. Making these tonight. My store does not carry the Flatout bread anymore so I have to sub for a 90 cal wheat tortilla.

Anonymous — January 19, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

How would these be with ground turkey? Anyone try it, that is what I have in the house! Also, I would make a batch of 5, but its just the hubby and I, so would probably save the extras for a quick week night meal and just heat them up!- Krista R.

• Tiffany Smith replied: — January 26th, 2013 @ 3:47 am

I made these tonight as well, and DH loved them too. Ours also made 5 as I used low carb wraps instead of flatouts (the wraps was all I had) do you think I can freeze the extras??

Lisa — February 2, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

I just made these tonight and they were delicious. Used the original Laughing Cow as that’s what I had in the frig. Found the flatouts at Kroger. My husband said it tasted like a wrap from a restaurant. This was so easy and quick to make – will make again for sure.

Anonymous — February 3, 2013 @ 1:49 am

Hello to all, the contents existing at this web page
    are genuinely amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.
    Feel free to surf my web page :: vacation reply

Ashley Strong — February 5, 2013 @ 12:04 am

I just made these for dinner and wow! I used ground chicken (what I had on hand) and they were delicious! Definitely going to be on the menu again!

Anonymous — February 5, 2013 @ 9:44 am

I was pretty pleased to discover this site. I need to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!
    ! I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you book marked to
    check out new things in your web site.
    my web page > hotmail app for droid

Anonymous — February 24, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

I just made these and you are a magic woman! Soo so so so good! Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous — February 28, 2013 @ 8:40 am

The flavor in these were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve made them twice now and had to fight to even get one of them. I had the ingredients in the fridge wanting to make them when I got home from work tonight but came home to find that my son made them for himself and left me with no ingredients! I knew for sure then they were a keeper because he hates cooking for himself.

Sarah — March 14, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

Making these tomorrow night for supper. They look gloriously messy and I can’t wait!!!!!

Anonymous — March 25, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

These were great! I wasn’t sure about the mustard, but the addition of it really made it tastes more like a burger than it would have without it. I also used the light swiss laughing cow becasue the store didn’t have the queso. So delish. Thanks for all of your great recipes.

BTW, my boyfriend recently said to me “you have to give me this new website that you love so much.” I guess that means he approves of everything I have made him.

Anonymous — March 29, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

This was absolutely amazing! Loved that it all stayed together and didn’t fall all apart as my family was inhaling it!

Anonymous — March 30, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

These were awesome! I used a low fat pita pocket instead of the wrap and my husband and I loved them.

Brittany Jo — April 19, 2013 @ 2:12 am

I absolutely loved these. Will definitely be making them again. Thank you! :)

EastMesaDesign — May 10, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

You can find your recipe here:

And it was delicious!

a731a59a-ac29-11e2-9e9f-000bcdca4d7a — June 3, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Emily,

Thank you so much for these great recipes! This one was so freaking delish and after I had only eaten half of it I was SOOO SUPER STOKED to know there was an entire half waiting for me! It was filling, it was satisfying, and it was soooo yummy! My boyfriends has loved every recipe so far (his favorite is the Cheesy Taco Pasta). This may sound pathetic, but we eat Tuna sandwiches once a week (super cheap/easy) but you are on my menu EVERY OTHER NIGHT OF THE WEEK this week! You are awesome and thanks again!

kassirolin — January 20, 2014 @ 2:52 am

I made these tonight for dinner, and boy did they hit the spot. It’s difficult cooking for 1 so the next time I make these I will either 1/2 the recipe, or make the meat mixture and make each one fresh when I eat it as leftovers. These are great, just don’t know how the made ones will hold up in the fridge because of the lettuce and tomato. Thanks for this great recipe! I’ll be making these a lot more and phasing out my boring turkey burger recipe!

Rachel — January 20, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

I found this recipe and sent my boyfriend a list of a few things to pick up from the store, as I had class that night. Class went late, so I asked him to cook the meat so I could finish the recipe. Came home and was surprised that he actually made the recipe! :) :) We enjoyed this so very much, and we will definitely be making this again!

Anonymous — February 9, 2014 @ 11:43 pm

OK these were AWESOME. I was making them as an attempt to cure a craving for a cheeseburger wrap that a local diner does and they were, I swear, just as good. I used Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat tortillas because that was all I had. I also actually used ground venison because I was out of beef, but you couldn’t tell the difference in taste. This is going in our regular meal rotation, hands down!

Jessi — March 18, 2014 @ 7:23 pm

I just want to thank you for this awesome and simple recipe! I’ve been on WW for a month and a half and I’ve been CRAVING a good burger. Trying to find the best way to make it point worthy and my goodness this was it! I tweaked it a little to fit my needs or tastes but it came out AWESOME! I had it with your oven fries and it totally satisfied that craving! Keep rocking the awesome recipes girl!

• Emily replied: — March 18th, 2014 @ 8:17 pm

Yay!! So happy to hear it killed that craving. Thanks for letting me know. Keep up the good work! :)

LIsa — March 24, 2014 @ 4:59 pm

This sounds delish! We don’t have the Flatouts here in Canada…what could I substitute?

• Emily replied: — March 24th, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

Any high fiber or low carb wrap should work :)

Carla — March 30, 2014 @ 8:05 pm

Oh my gosh Emily!!! My daughter and I just joined WW! We are on our second week, we both had a great first week too!! With that said, we made this recipe this evening and we both felt like we should have counted more points because this wrap was FANTASTIC!! A definite keeper for us! All we can say is thank you!!!

Suzanne — June 20, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

Absolutely love this recipe My family gives it 6 thumbs up make it 12.

Danielle — December 7, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

These are FANTASTIC. Totally a hit with my husband and I will make over winter break for my hungry college boys. Great flavor. Tastes very decadent and NOT like a “Weight Watcher” meal. Definitely a keeper :)

• Emily Bites replied: — December 8th, 2014 @ 9:32 am

Yay! So glad it was a hit, thanks for letting me know! :)

1. Pingback: Spinach & Artichoke Dip » Emily Bites