The NFL playoffs have arrived, the Super Bowl is approaching and the NHL is coming back for some sort of a weird half-season (better late than never, I suppose). To celebrate all the televised sports I’ll be watching this month I really wanted to post a gooey, cheesy dip recipe. I’ve wanted to do something with Caprese flavors for a while and I thought a Caprese Dip would really showcase the fresh basil, juicy tomatoes and stringy Mozzarella cheese. Mozzarella on its own would be hard to dip into so I decided to mix in some cream cheese and yogurt to give it more of a dip consistency. I also threw in some garlic because who doesn’t love that? I thought the results were delicious and you get a whole ¼ cup for only 3 Weight Watchers Points+ or 134 calories. You can serve these with all sorts of dippers. I ate it with both celery sticks and toasted sandwich thin triangles (see below) but baguette slices, tortilla chips or other veggies would work great too. Whether you’re cheering on a team or just making snacks for a fun night in, this Caprese Dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Yield: 8 (generous 1/4 cup) servings
- 8 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup diced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, 1 cup of the Mozzarella, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fold in the tomatoes. Using a spatula, spread mixture evenly across the bottom of a glass pie plate. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
134 calories, 3 g carbs, 9 g fat, 9 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original