By providing the "skinny" on healthy living trends, Skinny Mom educates, supports & motivates moms to live their healthiest lives. Skinny Mom provides readers with the latest and greatest healthy living content, products and food and fitness planning through Skinny Mom's Monthly Membership. Connect with Skinny Mom through on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Skinny Tex Mex Casserole by Skinny Mom
1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1 cup chopped onion
1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 can 4.5 ounce green chilies
1 10 ounce can Rotel Mild tomatoes
1 15 ounce can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 ounce can Sweet Corn, drained
2 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp onion
1 tsp garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using non-stick spray, spray a casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, add garlic, onion and hamburger meat. Brown hamburger meat, garlic, and onion until cooked through and the meat is no longer pink. Drain any liquid out of meat and return to low heat.
3. Add Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup, green chillies, and Rotel Tomatoes to cooked onion, garlic, and hamburger. Add in 1tablespoon of chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
4. In a medium sized bowl, add Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup and ½ cup of water. Whisk together until well mixed.
5. In a large stock pan (I used the same pan that I cooked penne pasta) mix together cooked pasta, Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup with water. Stir until mixed.
6. In a small bowl combine black beans and corn. Add 1 tsp chili powder and gently toss to mix.
7. Pour pasta into the bottom of casserole dish. Top with hamburger meat mixture and then add corn and black beans mixture to top.
8. Bake casserole in oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
Optional: Add ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese on top before baking.
Yields 8 servings. WW P+: 9 per serving*
Nutrition Information per serving: 374 calories, 50 g carbs, 10.8 g fat, 20 g protein, 9 g fiber*
*Weight Watchers points+ values and nutrition information calculated by Skinny Mom