Feb 01

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I’ve had this on my list of recipes to make for quite a while, and with the Super Bowl approaching and pizza & wings on everyone’s minds, now seemed like the perfect time! I live in the Buffalo area and I grew up here, but deep fried chicken wings coated in butter and hot sauce and dipped in blue cheese dressing are surprisingly high in fat and calories (who knew? haha) so I try not to eat them too often. This pizza is a great way to have your pizza and wings, all in one and lightened up! I was a little nervous about using the Laughing Cow blue cheese wedges instead of traditional blue cheese, because being from Buffalo I didn’t want to mess these flavors up. I think it actually gave it a nice blue cheese flavor using far less fat, so I was pleased with the results! This pizza was delicious and had all crave-worthy flavors of Buffalo wings, only much lighter. I will definitely make this again!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Yield: 6 slices

• Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
  • 3 Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese Wedges
  • ½ c Chopped, Cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 2-3 T Buffalo Wing Sauce, depending on how hot/saucy you like it (I used Anchor Bar brand, but Frank’s would work great, or whatever other brand you prefer)
  • ½ stalk of Celery, finely chopped
  • ¾ c reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 450
  2. Spread Laughing Cow wedges evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Place the chopped chicken pieces and celery evenly over the top. Drizzle the Buffalo Wing sauce over the top of the chicken & celery layer, spreading it evenly over the pizza. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the mozzarella cheese over top.
  3. Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.

5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

196 calories, 24 g carbs, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

An Emily Bites Original

26 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Pizza”

Gayle — February 2, 2011 @ 3:47 am

I love Buffalo Chicken Pizza. This looks delicious. Can’t wait to try it.

Sara — February 4, 2011 @ 3:28 am

Where in the Buffalo area? I was born and raised in WNY! Go Sabres! lol.
    I love your site <3

emilybites — February 4, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

Thanks Sara! I live in Williamsville and I grew up here as well. Are you still in the area? Go Sabres is right! :)

Lisa — February 6, 2011 @ 11:52 pm

I made this one tonight for Super Bowl! Everyone loved it! I feel like I’m cheating but only 5 points a slice! Sooo good!

emilybites — February 7, 2011 @ 2:39 am

Oh good Lisa, this is perfect Super Bowl food! I can’t wait to make this again. So glad it was a big success!

Sadie — February 17, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

I made this one last night and it was tasty! My husband doesn’t usually like buffalo sauce but liked this :-) Thanks!

Carebear — March 6, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

Made this recipe last night. Its fabulous! Love your site!

Anonymous — April 26, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I made this pizza yesterday….MMMM, MMM, MMM! I love pizza and I love hot wings, what a great combination. Thanks for sharing. I made some substitutions, like boneless skinless chicken thighs because that’s what I had at home. But your recipe was great.

emilybites — April 26, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

Thanks, glad you all liked it!

Dana — April 27, 2011 @ 2:27 am

Love this recipe! So simple, too, which makes it a quick go-to meal. I get strong buffalo cravings sometimes and I’m not a big fan of chicken wings, so this is great! I usually crisp my crust a little in the oven first so the juiciness of the chicken doesn’t make it soggy, I also add a little fat free ranch dressing (I like saucy pizzas) and black olives! mmmm

Ashley — May 24, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

This was amazing! I don’t like Bleu Cheese so I subbed Laughing Cow Light Swiss and added a little dry ranch. It turned out perfect! Thanks for the great recipe!

Jess — October 22, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

This was awesome! I found it on pinterest and it was the perfect meal for my buffalo craving! Thanks so much for including the WW points! one thing that always confuses me, did you just use regular “hot pepper sauce” or actual “buffalo wing sauce?” I had both and used a little of each!

emilybites — October 25, 2011 @ 12:40 am

I used Anchor Bar Wing Sauce, not hot sauce. I’m glad you liked it!

Reena the Diva — December 8, 2011 @ 3:28 am

made this tonight. SOOO FREAKING GOOD. i was actually surprised because i wasn’t expecting to like it *that* much. i made mine on a wheat pita because the crust didnt feel like it was worth the points for me, and because of that i was able to have TWO “whole” pizzas. i made DBF’s on a regular large Boboli crust though — and I’m pretty sure he’s going to demolish the entire thing when he gets home. (he always says i don’t make him enough food portion-wise when i cook, so if an entire pizza isn’t enough, i give up.)

emilybites — December 8, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

Yay, Reena, I’m so glad you loved it! Yeah, I think all men must have a hollow leg or something where they can put all this food! I hope DBF loved it too!

Allison — January 22, 2012 @ 1:01 am

OMG thank you thank you thank you!! I just discovered your blog – I lived in Buffalo for 4 years and have been looking for a WW friendly recipe like this. So glad it turned out, ingredients for this are definitely going on my shopping list for this week!

• emilybites replied: — January 22nd, 2012 @ 3:52 am

I hope you love it! Let me know what you think :)

Anonymous — March 21, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

Can you recommend something other than LC Bleu Cheese? It’s so processed, I’m concerned with the values of using that vs a light dressing?

• emilybites replied: — March 21st, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

If you prefer to use a light dressing then go for it. I can’t tell you how it will turn out because I didn’t make it that way!

Kelly Rotterman — April 1, 2012 @ 1:51 am

This is a great recipe! I added organic ground flaxseed to it. I just sprinkled probably about 1-1 1/2 tbsp. all over the pizza right before adding the mozzarella cheese. I love your Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes too (even more than the pizza!), and next time I make them, I’ll add some ground flaxseed to them too!

I just read the last comment about the cheese, and being in Indiana now, I couldn’t find LC Bleu Cheese anywhere! I ended up buying straight up bleu cheese triangles from the fancy cheese section. I softened it up in the microwave and spread it, and it worked fine. More fat, but I always figure it’s better than fast food!

• emilybites replied: — April 7th, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

I’m so glad you love the pizza and the “cupcakes”! That’s a bummer that you couldn’t find the LB blue cheese. They have it at all my local grocery stores! Glad you were able to make a substitution!

Kim — April 15, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

I made this for lunch today and I loved it. i wanted to eat way more than my serving but I guess i will just have to wait till dinner tonight! I used light creamy swiss instead of blue cheese and weight watchers mexican blend cheese instead of the mozzarella just because that is what I had. I am on Weight Watchers and I use alot of your recipes. I have lost 100 lbs. and I just want to thank u!!

• emilybites replied: — April 17th, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

I’m so happy you love the pizza. Congrats on your amazing weight loss!! You must feel incredible. :)

Carly McCarthy — November 29, 2012 @ 12:01 am

Try Flat Out Flatbread for the crust. It’s super easy and 90 cal/piece of flatbread.

Anonymous — March 19, 2013 @ 3:20 am

I would have liked this on a thinner crust. I thought it was overwhelming to be a meal, but I would make it again for a party and cut it into little pieces to serve as an appetizer.

1. Pingback: Mommy & Me/Menu Monday/ Weekend Recap