Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I’ve had this on my list of recipes to make for quite a while, and with the Super Bowl approaching and pizza & wings on everyone’s minds, now seemed like the perfect time! I live in the Buffalo area and I grew up here, but deep fried chicken wings coated in butter and hot sauce and dipped in blue cheese dressing are surprisingly high in fat and calories (who knew? haha) so I try not to eat them too often. This pizza is a great way to have your pizza and wings, all in one and lightened up! I was a little nervous about using the Laughing Cow blue cheese wedges instead of traditional blue cheese, because being from Buffalo I didn’t want to mess these flavors up. I think it actually gave it a nice blue cheese flavor using far less fat, so I was pleased with the results! This pizza was delicious and had all crave-worthy flavors of Buffalo wings, only much lighter. I will definitely make this again!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Yield: 6 slices
- Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
- 3 Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese Wedges
- ½ c Chopped, Cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 T Buffalo Wing Sauce, depending on how hot/saucy you like it (I used Anchor Bar brand, but Frank’s would work great, or whatever other brand you prefer)
- ½ stalk of Celery, finely chopped
- ¾ c reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Spread Laughing Cow wedges evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Place the chopped chicken pieces and celery evenly over the top. Drizzle the Buffalo Wing sauce over the top of the chicken & celery layer, spreading it evenly over the pizza. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
196 calories, 24 g carbs, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original