Mini Taco Bowls
These Mini Taco Bowls were as tasty as they were adorable, and two of them was a perfect sized dinner serving for me. I initially intended to make these with ground beef, but when I ran to the grocery store yesterday they were completely out of 95% lean ground beef (can you believe it?) so I bought ground turkey instead. These were good with the turkey but seeing as they work out to be the same number of points per 2-taco serving, next time I’ll make it with ground beef, because I prefer beef tacos. You can add any of your favorite taco toppings to these (light sour cream, guacamole, black olives, salsa etc). I wanted to keep them basic so you could easily customize them based on your preferences. I actually put a little fat free black bean dip on mine and they were amazing. The recipe could also easily be doubled to serve six. These are fun to serve and eat, so get creative and make them your own!
Mini Taco Bowls
Yield: 3 (2 taco) servings
- 6 - 6” Tortillas (I used Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas)
- ½ lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey (I used Jennie-O) OR 95% Lean Ground Beef
- ½ packet of Taco Seasoning (I used Old El Paso)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Cheese (I used Weight Watchers brand)
- 6 teaspoons Taco Sauce (I used Ortega)
- Shredded Lettuce
- 6 Grape Tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Sprinkle each tortilla lightly with water and stack them on a plate. Cover the top with another plate turned upside down and microwave the tortillas for 1 minute or until warm. Turn two 12 cup muffin pans upside down. Mist each side of a tortilla lightly with cooking spray and center it in the space between 4 muffin cups, creating a bowl. Repeat with the 5 remaining tortillas, forming 3 bowls on each tin (as pictured above). Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While the tortilla bowls are baking, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the ground turkey or beef and brown. Add 1/3 c water and taco seasoning, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Let the tortilla bowls cool for a few minutes after removing them from the oven. In each bowl, layer ¼ c meat, 1 T cheese, 1 t taco sauce, 4 quarters of grape tomato and some shredded lettuce (in any order you choose).
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
An Emily Bites Original