I’ve seen variations of these on several different cooking blogs and I couldn’t wait to try my own lightened up version. These are absolutely delicious and they make a great appetizer – no one will guess they’re light! I thought these were really great on their own (they remind me of mini versions of the pepperoni rolls I ate in college, only way less greasy) but they also taste great dipped in pizza sauce, so serve them however you wish. In addition to being ultra-tasty, these present really well, which is always a bonus when serving them to company!
Yield: 6 (4 bite) servings
- 10 oz can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasonings to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Lightly coat a 9” glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough and cut into 24 even pieces. Flatten a piece and mound about 2 teaspoons of cheese in the center. Fold a slice of pepperoni (or two…2 oz gave me 30 pepperoni and I made 24 bites so 6 of my bites got a bonus piece!) and place it on top of the cheese. Fold the edges of the dough around the cheese and pepperoni and press together to form a sealed ball. Place the ball, seam side down, on the prepared pie plate. Repeat with remaining dough pieces to create 24 balls, filling the pie plate.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil over the tops of the pepperoni bites. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over the top. Bake for 16-20 minutes until browned (mine were perfect at 18 minutes).
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
7 per (4 bite) serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per (4 bite) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
210 calories, 23 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)