Pasta Salad with Feta and Roasted Vegetables
You wouldn’t know it from the snow outside, but according to the calendar it’s Spring! I knew I wanted to make a pasta dish with Feta cheese and tomatoes and when I saw asparagus was on sale at my grocery store this week I thought it would be the perfect addition! This was light, filling and delicious and the basil and asparagus made it taste like Spring to me (as long as I don’t look out the window). I love Feta cheese and its saltiness paired nicely with the sweet roasted tomatoes. I ate this as a main dish but it could certainly work as a side dish in a smaller portion and would be great to bring to a picnic or barbecue.
Originally I ate this warm as a hot pasta entree, but the next day I ate some chilled from the fridge as a pasta salad and both were absolutely delicious. I think I might even like it as a cold pasta salad better. Take your pick!
Pasta with Feta and Roasted Vegetables
Yield: 6 (1 ½ c) servings
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cup Asparagus, snapped into 1” pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz uncooked wheat penne
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, asparagus and garlic. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste and toss to coat. Pour vegetables onto a baking sheet, making sure to drizzle all the oil from the bowl over the veggies and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain.
- In a serving bowl, combine pasta with roasted vegetables and leftover juices/oil from the pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, basil leaves and Feta cheese and additional salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Stir to combine. Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
9 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
327 calories, 40 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 13 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 13 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original