Jun 13

Pepperoni & Pineapple Pizza

When I order pizza from a pizzeria, my favorite toppings combination is always pepperoni and pineapple. I don’t recall who introduced me to this pairing in college, but the sweet and spicy flavor combination is one my taste buds have craved ever since. I decided to make my own tonight because it has been on my mind lately. This pizza was absolutely delicious with much less fat/calories/WW Points+ than one I would have ordered. If you’re already a fan of Hawaiian pizza (ham or Canadian bacon and pineapple) then I encourage you to spice it up a bit and try it with pepperoni, and if you’ve never had pineapple on pizza before than this is something you absolutely must try. Delicious.

Pepperoni & Pineapple Pizza

Yield: 6 slices

• Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
  • 1/3 c pizza sauce
  • ¼ - ½ t crushed red pepper (I used 1/2, but that makes it pretty spicy, so if you want to cut the heat you can use ¼ t)
  • 1/3 c sliced pineapple chunks (I used fresh and sliced them fairly thin)
  • ¾ c reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 10 slices turkey pepperoni, sliced into quarters
  • ½ t Italian seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 450.
  2. Spread pizza sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes over the sauce, followed by the pineapple chunks. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly over the top, followed by the pepperoni pieces. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the Italian seasoning over top.
  3. Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.

5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

An Emily Bites Original

13 Responses to “Pepperoni & Pineapple Pizza”

Jenna — June 13, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Where did you find the pizza crust? I’ve seen Boboli crusts before but never wheat.

emilybites — June 13, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

Actually, I’ve seen them everywhere I’ve seen Boboli crusts sold! Both the grocery stores I shop at have them (Wegmans and Tops) and Walmart also has them in their grocery section (which is where I got this one). Hope that helps!

Anonymous — June 14, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Emily, I”m new to your blog. Are the post you list based on the Old WW or the new WW Plus. Thanks.

emilybites — June 14, 2011 @ 11:48 am

The current program. All of the WW values on my site are P+ which stands for Points Plus. I determine the points values by running my recipes through the recipe builder on the WW site.

Thanks for reading!

Ana — June 24, 2011 @ 1:41 am

This was delicious! I didn’t even know they made whole wheat crusts! I did omit the pineapple because I’m not a big fan but I added fresh basil to my pizza! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

Adam K — June 28, 2011 @ 10:52 pm

Hey! My Girlfriend and I made this and it was awesome, Thanks! :)

And to the commenter above, if you read this, I found them at Meijer!

Anonymous — April 1, 2012 @ 2:59 am

Emily,

I just came across your site and it looks wonderful! Pepperoni and pineapple is my all time favorite, so glad I found a ww recipe for it! I joined ww in Jan of this year and have had some success but it is slow-going. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing how long you’ve been on ww and what kind of success you have had?

-Sabrina in Syracuse

Anonymous — May 5, 2012 @ 3:46 am

Hi Emily…this pizza looks great and I can’t wait to make it. I was wondering if you know what the calories are per slice? My husband and I are watching calories and I miss pizza like crazy.

Kikki — October 15, 2012 @ 2:55 am

I made this pizza tonight for dinner. I left off the pineapple as I don’t care for it and used a cup of fresh spinach instead. Pepperoni and Spinach pizza is my absolute favorite! It was delicious!

Erin Stanton — January 24, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I made this for dinner last night. DELICIOUS! So good there were no leftovers, so I had to make another this afternoon to make up for. Thanks for the recipe!

Kirsten — December 2, 2013 @ 9:35 pm

Emily,
    My family loves our Friday Night Pizza Nights. This looks great!
    Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!

Anonymous — February 6, 2014 @ 3:57 am

Made this for the supper bowl, but used a cauliflower pizza crust instead of the regular pizza crust and it was delish!!!! Brought it down to 3 points per serving!! Love love love your recipes…thanks!!!!

Colleen — March 12, 2014 @ 11:01 pm

This is my absolute favorite pizza combo, and everyone always looks surprised when I say it. So glad I’m not the only one! If you like extra spice, try adding jalapenos :)