Oh my. Cheesy, saucy, meaty goodness all wrapped up in individual cupcake shaped packages is almost more than I could hope for, and yet here it is, for only 4 P+ per “cupcake.” I’ve seen different variations of these on various blogs and recipe web sites and I couldn’t wait to put my own spin on it. These little lasagnas are packed full of flavor and are much faster and easier to make than traditional lasagna. When people say “good things come in small packages” I’m pretty sure these are what they are talking about.
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- ½ lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 ½ t Italian seasoning
- 5 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 16 wonton wrappers (check the produce department!)
- 4 oz fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 c pasta sauce (I used Wegmans brand Tomato & Basil)
- 4 oz reduced fat 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and Italian seasoning and brown beef, breaking it up with a spoon. Add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until mushrooms are browned as well.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the ricotta, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Follow by spooning some of the meat/mushroom mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture) and then splitting ½ cup of the sauce between each cup. Sprinkle about half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per cupcake (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
165 calories, 13 g carbs, 6 g fat, 15 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)