15 Minute Stacked Tostadas
These tostadas are absolutely going to be my go-to meal moving forward on nights I don’t feel like cooking. I’m actually kind of freaking out over how good these were. How could they not be? I’m talking about crisp, crunchy corn tortillas topped with a thick layer of hearty refried beans, drizzled with warm, zesty queso dip and finished with a pile of shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and a dollop of cool, creamy guacamole. The layers of flavors and textures are pure perfection and the entire recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes, from start to finish.
I was lucky enough to receive a big cooler full of Wholly Guacamole products this weekend to sample and review. You’ll see I used some in the recipe below. I actually use Wholly Guacamole a lot (you’ve probably seen it topping the majority of my Mexican recipes) but this is my first time trying their queso dip and it’s fantastic. Stay tuned, because coming soon I’ll be doing a giveaway where one lucky reader will win a big cooler of Wholly Guacamole products all their own!
15 Minute Stacked Tostadas
Yield: 4 (2 tostada) servings
- 8 - 6” Tortillas (I used Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- ½ cup queso dip (I used Wholly Guacamole Queso Blanco – if this isn’t sold near you, you can sub another salsa con queso dip)
- 2-3 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup guacamole (I used Wholly Guacamole Classic)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly mist both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and lay flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for about 3 minutes. Flip tortillas and continue to bake for another 3 minutes or until tortillas are crispy and golden. Oven times may vary a bit so be sure to check your tortillas so they do not burn.
- While the tortillas are baking, transfer the refried beans into a small dish and microwave on high for about two minutes or until warm. Remove and stir.
- When the tortillas are done, evenly divide refried beans onto each tortilla and spread across the top, leaving a little space around the edge (each tostada gets a little less than a ¼ cup of beans). Top the beans on each tostada with a tablespoon of queso dip. Pile some shredded lettuce on each tostada, followed by a tablespoon of guacamole and a sprinkling of tomatoes and cilantro to taste.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per (2 tostada) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
310 calories, 40 g carbs, 12 g fat, 12 g protein, 10 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original