Cheeseburger Wonton Cupcakes
It’s main course “cupcake” mania! The top three recipes on my site right now are Taco “Cupcakes”, Macaroni & Cheese “Muffins” and Lasagna “Cupcakes”. I’ve received your emails and seen your comments and posts requesting more mini-meal recipes, and I’ve been brainstorming tasty combinations like crazy! These Cheeseburger Wonton Cupcakes seemed like a sure winner. Who doesn’t love cheeseburgers? These individual “cupcakes” will give you all the flavors you’re craving: seasoned ground beef, two different types of gooey cheeses, juicy tomatoes, sautéed onions, sweet ketchup and tangy mustard. Serve these as a main course or individually as a fun appetizer or dish to pass. Main course “cupcakes” make great game day food for football season!
I have a lot more ideas for fun main courses that fit in a muffin tin, so expect to see more coming your way! Not all will include wontons, but it’s nice to have a few recipes that do since the package comes with so many. I have several more wonton recipes planned as well (think appetizers and desserts). Stay tuned!
*For more information or to convert this recipe to mini-muffin sized appetizers, visit the Wonton “Cupcakes” section of my FAQs page!*
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 4 Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle wedges, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until cooked. Add ground beef and Hamburger seasoning and cook until meat is browned. Add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until mushrooms are browned as well.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine meat/mushroom mixture, cheese wedges, ketchup and mustard and stir. Microwave for one minute on high. Stir to combine until meat mixture is fully coated.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the meat mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Follow by sprinkling some of the chopped tomatoes into each cup (using about half the total tomatoes). Sprinkle about half the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
5 per cupcake (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per cupcake (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
183 calories, 12 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 8 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original