Sep 24

Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies

The wait is over! I have been waiting on pins and needles, bouncing up and down in my seat excitedly for over a month for it to officially be Fall so I could make these. The good news is they were totally worth the wait. I was curious as to how these would work without a crust, but the flour in them keeps them firm enough to handle while still allowing for a creamy, pumpkin pie filling texture in the center. I have been craving pumpkin lately (doesn’t Fall do that to everyone?) and these really hit the spot. With very little prep time and only 3 P+ per mini (normal cupcake-sized) pie, this is an easy, tasty way to enjoy all the pumpkin pie flavors you crave!

Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies

Yield: 12 servings

• 2/3 c white whole wheat flour
  • ¼ t baking powder
  • ¼ t baking soda
  • ¼ t salt
  • 2 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
  • ½ c sugar
  • ¼ c brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • ¾ c fat free half and half
  • 12 servings fat free Reddiwhip (or other canned whipped cream)

1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners and lightly mist the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and whisk or stir together to combine,
  3. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half and stir or whisk together until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and continue to whisk together until smooth and combined.
  4. Fill the muffin liners evenly with the batter and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill. The pies will deflate a bit as they cool. Serve chilled with a spray of whipped cream on each mini pie.

3 per pie (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

114 calories, 22 g carbs, 1 g fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

adapted from Baking Bites

32 Responses to “Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies”

Anonymous — September 24, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

Two questions… can I use regular flour instead of white wheat, and will they freeze well? I’m the only pumpkin pie lover in my house. Thank you SO much for your yummy recipes!!

emilybites — September 24, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

You can certainly use regular white flour! I’ve never frozen them but my guess is that they would freeze well. Hope that helps! Enjoy :)

Anonymous — September 24, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

Is pumpkin puree the same thing as canned pumpkin like Libby’s or do I need to find something different? Thanks!

emilybites — September 24, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

Canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same thing – just make sure you buy a can that is just pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling (which is already seasoned and sweetened).

jo — September 24, 2011 @ 10:48 pm

What great portion control! I think these will replace my traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous — September 25, 2011 @ 12:51 am

I really want to make the mini pumpkin pies! I have all of the ingredients except for baking powder. Can I just leave this ingredient out?

• Anonymous replied: — October 1st, 2012 @ 1:15 am

no baking powder, no rise

Andrea R. — September 25, 2011 @ 11:52 pm

I just made these and they are so good! I was afraid of overfilling so mine actually made 16.

Anonymous — September 27, 2011 @ 1:56 am

I made these tonight and they are a-ma-zing!!! Thanks for such a great recipe!!

emilybites — September 27, 2011 @ 1:58 am

So glad you loved them! :)

I would definitely include the baking powder.

Robyn — October 5, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

I made this yesterday BUT my boyfriend can’t have dairy SO, I substituted original almond milk for the half and half. SO SO YUMMY! Thanks for making a slimmed down version of one of my fav things!

emilybites — October 5, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Yay, I’m so happy that you were able to make a dairy free substitute so that your boyfriend could enjoy them too. Glad you liked!

Erin — October 17, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Is wheat germ necessary? I’m having a hard time finding it.

Anonymous — October 18, 2011 @ 1:16 am

I was SOOO excited to make these and they didnt disappoint they are like a mix between pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread!

emilybites — October 18, 2011 @ 1:18 am

Erin…did you mean to post your comment on the baked oatmeal? You can make it without the wheat germ.

@Anonymous – glad you loved them!

erin — October 21, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

Yes! Thank you so much. Sorry. I pulled quite a few recipes from here and wrote down the goods. Yeesh! Also, the lasagna cupcakes I made using your recipe were DELISH! Thanks!

Lindsay — October 31, 2011 @ 3:22 am

Hi Emily!

I have been a WW board stalker for awhile and am about to try these as my first Emily Bites recipe! I’m very excited; I have heard great things from the girls on the 20’s boards!

As a side note, I noticed you are from WNY; I live in Rochester and went to UB for my undergrad. I know it makes me lame, but I thought that was neat :)

I will let you know how my mini pumpkin pies turn out!

emilybites — October 31, 2011 @ 3:26 am

Lindsay – that doesn’t make you lame at all! I love finding out that local people are finding out about my blog. It’s a small world, evidently. :)

I hope you like the mini pies! Let me know:)

Anonymous — November 1, 2011 @ 5:33 am

Hi Emily, I wanted to let you know I used egg beaters (equiv to 2 eggs) and less white sugar and more pumpkin spice and added all spice too! FANTASTIC!! Im not sure if it did anything to the points or not but I did notice they needed to be cooked for 24 minutes instead! But they had so much flavor!! Thought I would share!

Linda — November 29, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

Hi Emily, I’m from the 20s board. I made these in October for my coworkers and they loved them. I made them for my family for Thanksgiving but substituted light plain soy milk for the fat free half and half (I needed to make it non dairy) and it was even better!

My family went crazy over them and were fighting over how many leftovers they each got (I doubled the recipe).

emilybites — November 30, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

Haha, that’s awesome, Linda! I am mentally picturing a big brawl over them in my head because it makes it funnier :). Glad everyone loved them!

Anonymous — December 13, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

so I made these in chocolate this weekend! yummy! omitted the pumpkin pie spice, added 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (and upped the salt to 1/2 tsp). I sprinkled 1/4 cup of mini chips over the tops – not necessary – I love them and they freeze wonderful! I wrap them individually and they are my favorite treat! love having both the pumpkin and chocoate ones in the freezer! thanks

emilybites — December 14, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

Sounds yummy, I’ll have to try that!

Natasha — July 4, 2012 @ 7:56 pm

Even though it’s July I just made a batch! I used soya cream instead of half and half and I put slightly less sugar in than required and topped it up with 2 tbsp of maple syrup.

Anonymous — August 27, 2012 @ 12:42 am

I just made them but they are not firm on the inside. I’ve cooked them now for 26 minutes and still not firm. Are they supposed to be gooey?

Carlo/Carlo At Your Service Productions — October 4, 2012 @ 4:55 am

I have to admit, I’m REALLY liking the “mini” factor of this recipe. I cater parties and I’m always looking for good recipes to add to my recipe arsenal. This one is complete perfection!

I’m sure for the upcoming holiday season… this is going to be a BIG HIT!
    Thanks for sharing it with everybody.

• emilybites replied: — October 5th, 2012 @ 12:13 am

Hope it’s a hit!

Marge — November 8, 2012 @ 2:12 am

This recipe looks wonderful. Do you think I could use a Sugar Substitute in place of the white sugar and just use 1/4c brown sugar.

Unknown — February 3, 2013 @ 12:57 am

I just made these over the weekend and they were AMAZING! Better than regular pumpkin pie, WW or not ;) Thanks so much for this recipe, I can’t wait to make these again!

Anonymous — December 14, 2013 @ 8:55 am

HI Emily!! I just found your blog and am so excited I am 7 weeks out from gastric sleeve surgery and cannot wait to make some of your cupcakes..I was sent here by another sleever who told me that your recipes are perfect portions for us!! I bought everything I need for the lasagna cupcakes and these mini muffins but I had a really stupid question before I started baking them…are the ingredients for teaspoons or tablespoons? I’ve noticed some recipes with ingredients for a t or a T…is that to differentiate between the two? sorry if that is dumb but I am not good in the kitchen and dont want to screw them up :) thanks so much for all the great recipes and ideas!!! Lisa

• Emily Koenigsberg replied: — December 14th, 2013 @ 7:14 pm

Hi Lisa! Lowercase t is teaspoon and uppercase T is tablespoon. Just to clarify also, these are made in a traditional size muffin tin. Hope you love them! :)

1. Pingback: Vote Now: Best of 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards! » Emily Bites