Nov 22

Buffalo Chicken Roulades

Mmm…Buffalo chicken. This is a great weeknight recipe because though it tastes great and looks impressive, it takes less than 20 minutes of prep time to put together. You can also easily double or triple this recipe based on how many people you’re serving. I loved the corn flake coating on this and though there was obvious Buffalo flavor from the Frank’s, it wasn’t too spicy. If you prefer it hotter, you could always use the “Xtra Hot” Frank’s. Juicy chicken breast, Frank’s Red Hot and creamy blue cheese are a match made in Heaven either way.

Buffalo Chicken Roulades

Yield: 2 servings

• 2 (6 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt to taste
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 2 T crumbled blue cheese
  • 2 T Frank’s Red Hot (or similar hot sauce)
  • 1 T fat free sour cream
  • ¾ c corn flakes cereal, crushed

1. Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a baking dish (I used a 9 x13 but a smaller one would work) with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover them with parchment paper. Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to a ¼ inch thickness. Season breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle a tablespoon of blue cheese evenly across the surface each breast. Starting with a short side, roll each breast up and seal shut using toothpicks.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce and sour cream until thoroughly combined. Pour the crushed corn flakes into a shallow dish. Brush the surface of each chicken roll with a liberal amount of the hot sauce mixture and then roll in the corn flakes to coat. Place the rolls seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!

2 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

268 calories, 11 g carbs, 5 g fat, 43 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

adapted from Taste of Home

12 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Roulades”

Anonymous — November 22, 2011 @ 2:22 am

what can i use instead of blue cheese? Any recomendations? Unless you can’t really taste it…?

Mwah! xo

emilybites — November 22, 2011 @ 2:26 am

Of course you can taste it, that’s the point! :) It’s funny because I almost put a line in there for people who don’t like blue cheese since every time I post a Buffalo chicken dish I always get a bunch of comments saying that. To me, nothing goes with Buffalo chicken like blue cheese, but I suppose you could use another type of cheese to stuff the chicken. Maybe cheddar?

Stephanie — November 22, 2011 @ 3:08 am

oooh, thanks for the recipe! Can’t wait to try it!
    Stephanie

Megan — November 22, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

Could you use laughing cow wedges (maybe the queso flavor) instead? Would that change the points plus value any?

Anonymous — November 22, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to try it :D

emilybites — November 22, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

Megan – I don’t see why not. It shouldn’t change the P+ if you use 1-2 wedges.

Megan — November 22, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Awesome! I’m so excited to try this. I bet everyone on the WW 20s board would LOVE it! I cant’ tell you enough how much I enjoy your website. Its inspired me to cook again!

Healthy Branscoms — November 24, 2011 @ 10:34 am

I love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin

Anonymous — November 30, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

So you call for two 6 oz pieces of chicken and then it’s only 2 servings? That seems like a hefty serving, I just wanted to make sure I read it right.

Oh and this looks amazing!! Gonna try it tonight :)

emilybites — November 30, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

Thanks ladies!

Yes, it’s 2 servings and each one includes a 6 oz (raw weight) chicken breast. Enjoy!

Cara — July 11, 2014 @ 2:39 pm

What could you make with this for a side dish?

Kate — September 22, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

What is the points plus for 1- 6 oz breast? CHicken is usually about 1 pt per ounce so 2 is too low.