Dec 17

Meat Lover’s Pizza

Meat Lover’s Pizza is typically one of those ultimate indulgences you crave when you want to “be really bad.” Ordering a pizza loaded with all those meats feels decadent, over-the-top and a little dangerous. It’s a shame those feelings are often followed by a tight waistband and a generous helping of guilt. This pizza is the perfect way to give in to your craving and feel good about it afterward! It even takes less time to put together than it does to call and wait for delivery. If you’re looking for saucy, cheesy pizza piled with spicy sausage, zippy pepperoni and smoky bacon, look no further. You can have you Meat Lover’s Pizza and eat it too.

My Meat Lover’s Pizza recipe was featured in Oprah’s lineup of “Decadent Comfort Food for Calorie Counters” on Oprah.com!

Meat Lover's Pizza

Yield: 6 slices

• 1 (4 oz) hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed (I used Jennie-O)
  • Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
  • 1/2 c pizza sauce
  • ¾ c reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 10 slices turkey pepperoni, sliced into quarters
  • 2 T Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon Bits
  • 1 t Italian seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 450.
  2. Place sausage in a small skillet and bring it over medium heat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is browned.
  3. Spread pizza sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly over the top, followed by the pepperoni pieces. Spread the cooked sausage crumbles evenly across the pizza and follow with the bacon bits. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the Italian seasoning over top.
  4. Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a preheated pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.

5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

207 calories, 24 g carbs, 8 g fat, 14 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

An Emily Bites Original

Pin It

17 Responses to “Meat Lover’s Pizza”

Allyssa — December 17, 2011 @ 12:44 am

looks fantastic. I wish we had Jennie-O turkey sausage and ANY pre sliced turkey pepperoni. The best stuff I can find is grimms turkey pepperoni sticks but it’s not as good on pizza when sliced… I like thin big slices…

emilybites — December 17, 2011 @ 12:48 am

Hm. I don’t know what grocery stores you have nearby, but if you have a super walmart they have both!

Running With Curves — February 28, 2012 @ 1:10 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous — February 28, 2012 @ 1:13 am

Let me say, Pizza Hut’s meat lovers pizza is one of my favorites, but after making this tonight, I have a legitimate replacement for take out pizza. My Kroger didn’t have turkey pepperoni, so I subbed Canadian bacon, which should have kept the calorie count pretty close. This was delicious, and I have two more meals out of it. Yum, yum yum. After making the chocolate donuts last night, and this tonight, you definitely have a new fan. Thanks Emily!

• emilybites replied: — March 1st, 2012 @ 1:14 am

Thanks! I’m so glad the pizza and the doughnuts turned out great. Canadian bacon on this sounds awesome, I’ll have to try it that way sometime! Yum. :)

tastydiet — March 10, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

I’m actually planning on making pizza this weekend, from the just-add-water dough mix. I was going to do turkey pepperoni and turkey meatballs. But I like the idea of adding the bacon bits, too! I would’ve never thought to do that.

• emilybites replied: — March 12th, 2012 @ 2:42 am

Hope you love it! Bacon makes everything better :)

Brandy Warthan — March 25, 2012 @ 1:26 am

I made this for dinner tonight and it was fantastic!! I posted a picture of the finished product on Facebook and got so many requests for this recipe. I will post a link back to your page. Thanks so much for sharing :)

• emilybites replied: — March 26th, 2012 @ 11:23 pm

Thanks, Brandy! I’m so happy you loved them and I hope your friends do too! :)

Sara Kaye — April 3, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I am sooo excited to make this (and all the other recipes you have!!) Thanks for helping me get creative in the kitchen :)

• emilybites replied: — April 7th, 2012 @ 9:08 pm

Thanks Sara! I hope you love the recipe. Let me know what you think :)

Molly — October 16, 2012 @ 11:00 pm

Just made this tonight for my boyfriend and I and we LOVED IT! :) The only change I made was added green peppers simply because I had one that needed to be used.

Love your recipes!!

Cindy Krenke — November 5, 2012 @ 10:55 pm

Made this pizza this weekend for my Hubby & I. It was FABULOUS!!! Thank you for the wonderful 5 point lunch! :)

Lindsey — March 23, 2013 @ 12:58 am

Where is the pizza crust located at the stores? Is it refrigerated or frozen etc? Thanks! Cant wait to make this!

April Quillen — May 8, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

Lindsey – pizza crust is in the aisle with the tomato and pizza sauces, usually. Boboli doesn’t need refrigeration, so it’s usually around there. :) Can’t wait to try this recipe myself! Thanks Emily, you ROCK sistah!

Mellissa Sumner — March 20, 2014 @ 10:33 am

How many slices should you make? 4-6-8?

• Emily replied: — March 20th, 2014 @ 10:57 am