There are only 6 days left until Cinco de Mayo, so I figured it was just the right time for a new Mexican-themed recipe! I’ve been meaning to do a pizza like this for a while now, and I’m happy to say this one is bursting with Mexican flavors. Juicy tomato salsa, spicy taco sauce, seasoned ground beef, hearty black beans, sharp cheddar cheese, black olives and green onions give this pizza a varied and developed flavor profile. Served on a crispy wheat crust, each slice is quite filling and tastes incredibly indulgent for only 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints or around 200 calories. This pizza comes together quickly and would be perfect for an easy weeknight meal or served alongside ice cold cervezas at your next Mexican fiesta.
Yield: 6 slices
- 3.25 oz uncooked 95% lean ground beef (according to my calculations – I weighed before and after – this makes about 3 oz seasoned & cooked, so if you decide to brown up a whole pound with a packet of taco seasoning and just use some for this recipe, weigh out 3 oz cooked for this pizza)
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium taco seasoning (again, if you are going to cook the whole pound of beef so that you have leftover taco meat, just use the whole packet)
- Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
- ½ cup chunky salsa (I used mild)
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce (I used medium)
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup reduced fat 2% shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 medium black olives, sliced
- 1 medium scallion (green parts only), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spatula or wooden spoon as it cooks. Add taco seasoning and stir to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and taco sauce and stir together. Spread the mixture evenly across the surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the black beans across the top of the salsa layer and then follow with the reserved taco meat. Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the top and then follow with the sliced olives.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pre-heated pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice and sprinkle the chopped scallions over the top.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
6 per slice (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a slice was 7 SP on the previous program
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
206 calories, 28 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original