Sep 11

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt

It’s after Labor Day and you know what that means…the beginning of pumpkin season! I have been so excited for Fall recipes. Now that football is here and temperatures are just starting to drop I have apple, pumpkin, cinnamon and squash on the brain! I was planning for my first Fall recipe to be my mom’s Butternut Squash Soup, but as those of you who follow me on Facebook already know, I messed that up and have to remake it. Oops. Get your spoons ready though, because it’s coming soon!

I decided this Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt was actually the perfect recipe for this time of year because it combines an end of Summer frozen treat with rich Fall pumpkin flavor.  This frozen yogurt really captures the flavors of pumpkin pie filling, and it’s hard to believe ½ cup is only 89 calories/2 WW Points+! I’m not going to lie, I treated myself to a whole cup for only 4 Weight Watchers Point.

I absolutely recommend the ice cream machine I have. I use a Cuisinart model and it’s so fast and easy to use. You simply keep the machine’s bowl in your freezer and whenever you want to make ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet you mix up the ingredients, put the bowl on the machine, start it up, pour in mixture and in less than 20 minutes you have ice cream! No rock salt or ice required.

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt

Yield: 4 (1/2 cup) servings

• 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1 t pumpkin pie spice

1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
  2. Put the entire mixture into an ice cream freezer/maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze any leftovers in an airtight container.

2 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

89 calories, 16 g carbs, 0 g fat, 7 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

slightly adapted from The Family Kitchen

35 Responses to “Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt”

Anonymous — September 11, 2012 @ 12:51 am

Can’t wait to make this with my kitchenaid ice cream attachment!

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

I hope you love it!

Anonymous — September 11, 2012 @ 1:03 am

I think I would need to make a bigger batch……would need to share with others in my family…will be trying this soon

Thanks
    Tiffany

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

It would definitely be easy to double or triple this recipe. Hope you love it!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads — September 11, 2012 @ 3:13 am

Looks deelish…sadly, I have no icecream maker….but just might mix it up and freeze it and see what happens. Thanks so much!

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

Let me know if that works out!

• Anonymous replied: — January 12th, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

Did this work?

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — September 11, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

Perfect combo of summer and fall…I live in VA now (but miss the Blo) and fall still feels a bit like summer to me!

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

Blo misses you too! :)

NatalieH — September 11, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

I loved it. Husband thought it was too “yogurty”, so I might try a flavored greek yogurt next time.

I LOVED it!

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

Did you use vanilla flavored? Sorry your husband didn’t love it (he’s probably more of an ice cream guy than a frozen yogurt fan) but I’m glad you loved it!

Charlene Canfield — September 12, 2012 @ 12:32 am

This sounds so yummy! Thanks!

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

Hope you love it Charlene!

Palka — September 12, 2012 @ 3:39 am

oh my goodness!! this looks AMAZING! i LOVE anything and everything pumpkin! Can this be made in any way without an ice cream maker? I do have a Blendtec…can this be adapted for that?

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I have no idea what a blendtec is, so I can’t really speak to that! I only made it in an ice cream make but you can certainly try it another way. Let me know how it works out!

nazhamster85 — September 13, 2012 @ 3:05 am

This sounds amazing Emily! Do you know… can you substitute anything healthy for the Greek yogurt in this recipe? It can give me migraines sometimes.

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Greek yogurt or any yogurt? You can strain regular yogurt until it’s thick. If you’re completely allergic to yogurt then I probably wouldn’t recommend a frozen yogurt recipe! Haha. :P

• nazhamster85 replied: — September 16th, 2012 @ 1:06 am

Thanks :) I didn’t know if there was a different healthy alternative :) I love your stuff!!

Kliz15 — September 14, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

I was so excited and I made it the other night. It turned out really tart and when I froze it the yogurt was has a solid mass and hard as a rock. Hmmmm, I used Chobani Vanilla, what did you use? I even tossed in an extra 2Tbsp of sugar and some vanilla extract. I had such high hopes. Not a WW treat I’ll be making again. :(

• emilybites replied: — September 14th, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

I’m sorry to hear that…it doesn’t sound like you used an ice cream maker and I have never tried it without one so I can’t speak to the solid mass problem. I used Wegmans brand vanilla Greek yogurt. I have personally never been a Chobani fan, I prefer Fage. I just don’t like the flavor or consistency of Chobani, but a lot of people do. I think the Wegmans yogurt is closest to Oikos brand. Sorry you didn’t like it! Greek yogurt does have somewhat of a naturally tart taste to it, but I found this recipe to be plenty sweet.

Heather — September 16, 2012 @ 12:32 am

Hi Emily, First, thank you for your recipes–this site is such a great resource to me! Second, I wanted to let you know that I made this without an ice cream maker. I just put it in a 3 cup Rubbermaid container. After about 3 hours, it was all set, but I mixed it all up and it was a nice, though soft, consistency. When I checked again after 5.5 hours, there were some ice crystals, but I mixed it up and it still tasted good. I am not sure if more ice crystals will continue to form, but so far so good.

This recipe is a keeper. So simple and yummy! Thanks again.

Carlo/Carlo At Your Service Productions — September 18, 2012 @ 3:17 am

Emily, thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I’m a caterer and I have to tell you that this one is definitely a “must make”. Talk about sounding super-duper good… oh baby, I cannot wait until this weekend; to get into the kitchen, make it, and TRY IT! Yummy!

Anonymous — October 3, 2012 @ 4:21 am

Great website!! Thank you for the Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt recipe! Can’t wait to try it.

Anonymous — October 9, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

This was great! I made it with costco’s fat free plain yogurtt. Because it was plain, I added 2 T extra sugar. The kiddos and self gobbled it up!! Yum!!

Anonymous — October 14, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

I just found Yoplait Light in “pumpkin pie” flavor… YUMMY! I bet if someone strained that and used it instead of the greek yogurt it would be AMAZING. I look forward to trying this though, in my Cuisinart!

Your Sainted Mother — February 9, 2013 @ 7:10 pm

I used my brand new Cuisinart ice cream maker, and mine, too, came out with way too much pumpkin pie spice and rock hard. Trying to soften it, add some cream and save it, because it isn’t edible as it is now. Maybe it is the type of greek yogurt used.

TheWantonSeedStitch — March 15, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

OH MY GOD. My parents just gave me their ice cream maker since they weren’t using it. I need to try this recipe! I may even try it with a batch of my own homemade fat free Greek yogurt, with added vanilla and stevia to sweeten it. Mmm.

Anonymous — March 19, 2013 @ 9:07 pm

I was so excited to try this recipe the other night and I made it in the afternoon so that it would be ready for me after dinner. Not my favorite I have to say, I felt like it really needed something but I don’t think it was more spices…I’ll keep playing around with it but i’m just afraid to add even more points and it not be worth it anymore. I’m definitely the minority in this review though, so it must be my taste buds :) I appreciate finding your site nonetheless.

Jordan Olivarra — April 7, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

I did this but made them into little frozen drops, using a zip-lock bag and then later getting creative and using my flower ice cube tray and they are DELICIOUS!

Car dealer Tampa — August 23, 2013 @ 5:35 am

When My partner and i go through some sort of blog site, I’m hoping who’s isn’t going to let down everyone approximately this blog. What i’m saying is, I realize it turned out my own option to learn to read, yet My partner and i actually considered you would have got something fascinating to state. Almost all My partner and i find out will be a variety of whimpering regarding something that one could deal with if you were not also chaotic searching for interest.For additional data click on Car dealer Tampa

villas mykonos — August 25, 2013 @ 3:42 am

Wow, it is so interesting post. Very useful information. I really like this post. I will bookmark and share to everyone. villas mykonos

shuvo mondol — October 4, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

Thus our function is appreciated by our mayor associated with Bath with giving permission in order to carry out more tests so that there will not be problems so that it can shaped in to a stunning book which would grow to be obligatory.
    process of securitization

Elizabeth — October 8, 2013 @ 7:42 am

I’ve borrowed a friends ice-cream maker especially to make this lol! The mixture tastes pretty good so far :) I cut the sugar from mine as my pumpkin (fresh – cooked and mashed) was pretty sweet (home grown) and I only added 1/2 a tsp of the pumpkin pie spice as it tasted pretty strong at 1/2.
    I’m in Australia and couldn’t find Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yoghurt, so had to go with a low fat one instead, result is, with out the added sugar it will come to 88cals :) yay!

Melissa — October 28, 2013 @ 8:08 pm

You probably need to add more sugar. I made it and thought it needed something, and I think it just needs to be a lot more sweeter. Or maybe some chocolate chips.

1. Pingback: Keeping the Pumpkin Recipes Rollin' | Jar Full of Stars