Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes
Oh man, what a comeback! As several of you mentioned recently, it’s been a while since I posted a new savory wonton “cupcake” recipe. I had one person make a snarky remark on my Facebook page that they were tired of them and I let it get to me. I know, I know, I’ve got to have thicker skin than that if I am going to be putting myself out there on the internet like this. Of course one person out of thousands shouldn’t have influenced me (can’t please ‘em all), but unfortunately I got worried that the feeling was more widespread and I stopped posting them for quite a while. Well don’t worry, I’ve heard you all loud and clear: you miss the wonton cups! (Yay, I did too!)
So here I am, going back to my roots, so to speak. For those of you who have been craving a new main course “cupcake” recipe, I think you’ll find these Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes were sooooo worth the wait. Not to pat myself on the back, but seriously, these are incredibly delicious. You get all the saucy, cheesy goodness you crave and the crouton crumbs on top give you that crunchy, breaded texture of chicken parmesan from an Italian restaurant. *Swoon*
Now these babies are worthy of a “cupcake” comeback. I promise I won’t make you wait so long for the next one.
Looking for more wonton “cupcakes”? Try Taco Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Enchilada Cupcakes, Hawaiian BBQ Cupcakes, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, White Vegetable Lasagna Cupcakes, and Cheeseburger Cupcakes.
Chicken Parmesan Wonton "Cupcakes"
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small or shredded
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 oz seasoned croutons, crushed (I just smushed mine by hand until I had some crumbs and some chunks)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine until fully mixed.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the Mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chicken mixture and Mozzarella.
- Mix together the crushed croutons and Parmesan in a small dish and sprinkle it evenly over the top of each cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per cupcake (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
159 calories, 12 g carbs, 4 g fat, 17 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original