Nov 19

Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

These Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds are my absolute favorite new side dish. I want to eat them with everything! The toasty, crunchy almonds, the crisp, seasoned green beans and the golden roasted garlic are a combination you won’t be able to get enough of – plus it goes with everything!

Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

This dish is super easy to make and you could easily make a bigger batch if you’re serving it for Thanksgiving or a dinner party. It looks elegant, packs tons of flavor, and it’s healthy – what more could you ask for? Besides a way to eat as much garlic as you please and still have minty-fresh breath afterward, of course.

Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds

Yield: 4 servings

• 12 oz raw green beans, ends trimmed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons sliced almonds

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Place the green beans in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat, making sure oil is evenly distributed on the beans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Spread the green beans across a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the beans from the oven and sprinkle the minced garlic and sliced almonds over top of the green beans. Stir to mix together and then spread to a single layer again. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and roast for an additional 5 minutes until green beans are cooked through and the garlic and almonds are lightly golden.

Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
2 per serving, (SP calculated using the recipe builder on

1 per serving if you count the green beans as free2 per serving if you use the recipe builder*,  (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on

80 calories, 7 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber (from

An Emily Bites Original

16 Responses to “Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds”

cristina — November 19, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

Favorite ingredients all in one dish! This is a must-do and serve, especially for the holidays. Thx for sharing… 🙂

Lynn @ Order in the Kitchen — November 19, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

I love anything roasted with garlic and these beans are no exception!! LOVE!

The Food Hunter — November 19, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

great holiday recipe

taylor @ greens & chocolate — November 19, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

I love almonds with green beans! I love the addition of garlic, too!

Beth — November 19, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

You made my day!. I have been craving these green beans from a dim sum restaurant about 45 min away. I had to run to the store immediately and get the ingredients to make it with my lunch!

Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled — November 19, 2014 @ 3:18 pm

These garlic roasted green beans make the perfect holiday side dish. 🙂

Sylvie | Gourmande in the Kitchen — November 19, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

The perfect holiday side!

Laura — November 19, 2014 @ 5:09 pm

Looks so delicious, and easy! The perfect dish for Thanksgiving!

Amy — November 20, 2014 @ 12:38 pm

Question – I have frozen GB’s in the freezer – would you suggest using them? And if yes – would you thaw them first? Maybe in the fridge for the day? Thanks – love the site – I’m a frequent flyer here 🙂

• Emily Bites replied: — November 20th, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

Thanks Amy! I would definitely recommend fresh, the texture of the beans will be better. If you want to try it with frozen, I’d suggest allowing them to thaw first. Let me know how it turns out!

carolyn — November 20, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

I have made a similar recipe over the yrs, using a skillet, and then an electric skillet. I usually add soy sauce to salt them up a bit. And I frequently use caned rather than fresh as a time factor.
    I’ve done them w french cut and ‘kitchen cut’ but I prefer the whole green beans. (which do come canned too). quick and easy to get done.

LAURIE — November 28, 2014 @ 4:52 pm

I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and my family loved them. These will be a regular in our house!

• Emily Bites replied: — December 2nd, 2014 @ 2:43 pm

Glad to hear it, thanks for reporting back! 🙂

Ramona — November 29, 2014 @ 12:55 pm

I just made these today (trial run) and they turned out really yummy!!! Making them again for our guests later today. Thank you for posting this great recipe!!!

• Emily Bites replied: — December 2nd, 2014 @ 2:36 pm

So glad you loved them, I hope the recipe is a hit with your guests!

Bonnie — November 30, 2015 @ 10:01 am

I made these for Thanksgiving dinner. They were a BIG HIT. I loved them, and so did everyone else! Thanks for the great recipe (and calculating the WW Points+ as well).