Mar 03

Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins

Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins

Oh my gosh, how much fun are these Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins? You won’t believe how flaky and cheesy they are for just under 150 calories each. The pull-aparts are great for lunch, dinner or as a simple handheld party snack. You can serve them on their own or with a side of pizza sauce for dipping. Plus, they almost couldn’t be easier or faster to make. Simply cut up the biscuits and pepperoni, mix everything together, transfer it into the muffin tin and bake. That’s it!

Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins

You can certainly just take a big bite out of these if you like, but as the name suggests, I think it’s more fun to pull apart the flaky biscuit layers or grab biscuit pieces off one by one. Plus, the hot Mozzarella gets all stringy when you pull the biscuit pieces apart, and who doesn’t like to see that?

Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins

If you’re looking for more ways to use your muffin tins to make main course meals (these are the tins I use), check out my Main Dish Muffins recipe category!

This post contains affiliate links

Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins

Yield: 12 muffins

• 1 (16.3 oz) can of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk refrigerated biscuit dough
  • 30 slices turkey pepperoni, cut into quarters
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 3 oz (3/4 cup) shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Separate the biscuits onto a cutting board and cut each one into 9 pieces (cut into thirds in each direction). Transfer the biscuit pieces into a mixing bowl and stir in the pepperoni pieces. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and then stir to coat. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top and stir to combine. Add the shredded Mozzarella and then stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
  3. Spoon the biscuit mixture evenly into the prepared cups of the muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 15-16 minutes until the biscuit pieces have puffed and the tops are golden.

Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
5 per muffin (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

4 per muffin (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

149 calories, 17 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

an Emily Bites Original

Yum

16 Responses to “Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins”

Nancy — March 3, 2015 @ 8:19 pm

What a great idea! Perfect way to savor such simple but wonderful blend of flavors. I am working on eating more slowly so these pull apart muffins fit the bill. I just starting using an infant spoon to enjoy things such as pudding, yogurt and such. Food appreciation is my new platform! Thank you for such great recipes. I am a big fan of anything out of a muffin tin!

• Emily Bites replied: — March 9th, 2015 @ 2:58 pm

Me too! 😉 I hope you try them and love them, Nancy!

Danielle M. — March 5, 2015 @ 9:13 pm

Hi!!

I just found your cite off an instagram page. I just printed out multiple recipes! Thank you so much. So you mind if i share it on the WW page i am a part of in my community?

Danielle

• Emily Bites replied: — March 9th, 2015 @ 2:54 pm

Sure, you can share links to my site! Thanks Danielle 🙂

Lisa — March 9, 2015 @ 9:33 am

These were great! another hit. Thank you!

Kim — March 9, 2015 @ 2:18 pm

I am making these for dinner this evening! We can’t wait to try them. Do you know if they freeze well?

• Emily Bites replied: — March 9th, 2015 @ 2:51 pm

I hope you love them! I have never frozen them, so I can’t confidently say – if you try it, report back!

AMY — March 26, 2015 @ 8:05 am

I made these last night for dinner and my entire family loved them. My kids want me to make more so they can have them to take in their lunch to school!

Angela — March 31, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

I’ve had this recipe for a few weeks, but just tried it. All I can say is, Emily you’ve done it again! These were so easy to put together, and soooo good! I’m embarrassed to say, but I ate six of them, that’s right six!!! As I was devouring them I was thinking to myself that these could be paired with a bowl of soup or a salad for a light dinner. I’m so glad I found your site. I also adore your wonton “cupcakes”. Perfect portion control. Again thanks for all you do.

Jen — April 11, 2015 @ 7:22 pm

Just made these today. They were great! I’ve made your pizza logs too. Love your recipes. Thanks!

Pamela — April 21, 2015 @ 11:52 pm

I just made these to take as part of my lunch – delicious! I used the regular biscuit dough from Pillsbury, since they didn’t have buttermilk, and I used Italian salad dressing in place of the olive oil and spices (used 2tbsp). Came out great, and the calorie count this way was only 125 cal/muffin! (I used a bit less cheese as well.) Very hard to resist having only one.

• Emily Bites replied: — April 26th, 2015 @ 8:47 pm

Yum! Glad you loved them, Pamela!

Lindsay — February 15, 2016 @ 5:31 pm

Can you use pizza dough in place of biscuits? Will it cook any different?

• Emily Bites replied: — February 18th, 2016 @ 1:17 pm

Hi Lindsay, I haven’t tried that so I really can’t say for sure. Report back if you try it out!

Vivi — March 3, 2016 @ 9:31 pm

Just made these today. They’re such a quick and easy snack to make! Really delicious, not too salty.

Renee — February 24, 2017 @ 7:46 am

Has anyone tried freezing them? I will be making them this weekend for the kids lunches. Thanks in advance!