Jul 28

Cannoli Dip

Cannoli Dip

Holy Cannoli, this Cannoli Dip is out of this world. I served this at a cookout we held this past weekend and I was thrilled to see it was a huge hit. My husband was really bummed that there wasn’t leftovers and when I told him I’d be making it again this week for my blog he actually cheered. That’s a pretty good endorsement, right?

Cannoli Dip

This dip is fantastic to serve at a party and it makes a great dessert, snack or appetizer. It’s everything you love about the sweet, cheesy filling of a cannoli turned into a dip! I served this with Stacy’s Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips at my party and it was a perfect combination, but it would also be great with fruit (especially strawberries), graham crackers or Nilla Wafers for dipping. I also made some simple cinnamon sugar crisps with a Flatout flatbread (pictured here) by just spraying the flatbread with cooking spray and sprinkling it with cinnamon and sugar before baking it for 8-10 minutes at 350.

This Cannoli Dip is so simple and fast to make, it keeps well in the fridge and it was such a crowd-pleaser that I think it’s going to be one of my go-to recipes for future potlucks and parties. Try it soon and make it yours!

Cannoli Dip

Yield: 10 (1/4 cup) servings

• 1 (15 oz) container fat free Ricotta cheese
  • 3 oz Marscapone cheese
  • 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • A pinch of cinnamon
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips

1. In a mixing bowl, stir together the Ricotta, Marscapone, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Add the mini chocolate chips and stir until completely mixed in.

Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
6 per (1/4 cup) serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

4 per (1/4 cup) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

140 calories, 14 g carbs, 13 g sugars, 7 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

an Emily Bites Original

Yum

14 Responses to “Cannoli Dip”

Laura P — July 28, 2015 @ 10:54 am

Oooh, this looks like an amazing, lighter alternative to the chocolate chip cookie dough dip that I make. Yum!

• Emily Bites replied: — July 28th, 2015 @ 11:02 am

I hope you try it and love it, Laura!

Pat — July 28, 2015 @ 11:00 am

husband tested husband approved

also for the record there were leftovers, I just ate them all for breakfast and was sad there wasn’t more a couple hours later.

• Emily Bites replied: — July 28th, 2015 @ 11:03 am

Haha, oh right, thanks for clarifying ;).

There is a whole batch waiting in the fridge for when you get home from work!

jyll — July 29, 2015 @ 9:21 am

How many days can this keep in the refrigerator? This sounds delicious.

• Emily Bites replied: — July 29th, 2015 @ 1:05 pm

I haven’t tested that out yet because it has gone so fast each time I made it! Haha. It’s probably recommended for around 5 days but I would personally probably keep it for a week.

Kristine — July 29, 2015 @ 10:27 am

Can this be made a day or two ahead of time or will it get watery? Having a huge family reunion in August and would like to make this ahead of time if possible. Thanks and love ALL your recipes!

• Emily Bites replied: — July 29th, 2015 @ 1:03 pm

Yup, you could definitely make this ahead of time, it should be just fine :). I hope your family loves it!

Erica — August 1, 2015 @ 11:40 am

Made this a few nights ago and it as a huge hit. It only take a few minutes to make so it’s a perfect dessert when you are hosting. We used pizzelles instead of pita chips and it really tasted like a cannoli. Pizzelles are also pretty light in calories (6 large pizzelles for 140 calories). Thanks for the recipe I will be using this often 🙂

christine davis — August 2, 2015 @ 11:43 am

Just wanted to let you know that I made this on Friday ahead of time. Then spooned into those little phyllo cups and took them to a party on Saturday. They were a huge hit. When I told the hostess they were WW approved, she was so surprised! This is my new go to for parties. Since I’m an awful baker, they are a perfect dessert! Making them again for my grandaughters party next weekend. Thanks so much!

Nicole — November 9, 2015 @ 9:59 am

10 servings? Let’s just say I had one serving and my fiance had five. I can’t figure out which is better– this dip or the idea of pairing it with Stacy’s cinnamon sugar chips. Both are outrageously good and together– whoa. Look out before your significant other eats all of it! Fantastic recipe! High in points but worth every bite.

Kate — January 24, 2016 @ 4:39 am

I just shared a “Cannoli Martini” dessert at a restaurant last night and was looking for a slimmed down version – the presentation was so cute and would be great for portion control.

• Emily Bites replied: — January 26th, 2016 @ 4:19 pm

Great idea! 🙂

Doris — August 7, 2016 @ 1:54 pm

Emily-This looks like a wonderful treat !!! Can it be made without the powdered sugar ??? if so would that change the nutritional info ?? A family member can not tolerate the taste of powdered sugar in anything ..thanks !!