Jan 12

Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups

Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups

When rich, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip is rolled up inside long sheets of pasta and smothered in a creamy Alfredo sauce, you’d hardly expect it to be light. However, these decadent Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups are just that! You’ll never believe each one is only 272 calories or 9 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Serve with a side salad or some roasted asparagus for a crave-worthy vegetarian meal, or side-by-side with chicken or steak for some added protein. Either way, these Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups are a great way to indulge in your favorite appetizer as a main course!

Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups

Looking for more lightened up but indulgent pasta dishes? Check out my Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Cheesy Chicken Veggie Pasta Skillet, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells, Tomato Soup Mac and Cheese, Spicy Sausage Pasta, Cheesy Taco Pasta and more in the Pasta category of my recipe index!

Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups

Yield: 8 servings

• 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 8 oz brick of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • ½ cup fat free sour cream
  • 1 cup 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • ½ cup drained canned artichoke hearts packed in brine or water, chopped (around half a 14 oz can)
  • 15 oz jar light alfredo sauce (I recommend Classico light alfredo)

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool and lay noodles out to dry.
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, ½ cup of the shredded Mozzarella, the Parmesan, garlic, black pepper, spinach and chopped artichokes and stir together until well mixed. When the noodles are dry, spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of the mixture onto each lasagna noodle and spread across the surface. Starting with one end, roll the noodle over the filling until it becomes a complete roll. Repeat with all noodles.
  4. Spoon 1/3 cup of the alfredo sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread across the bottom. Place the lasagna rolls seam down in the dish and spoon or pour the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of shredded Mozzarella over the tops of the rolls. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
9 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

7 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)

272 calories, 29 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 11 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

an Emily Bites Original

Yum

26 Responses to “Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups”

Angela — January 12, 2016 @ 5:29 pm

Emily, in the directions, you forgot to add when to mix in the spinach and the artichokes, even though I’m a seasoned cook I can figure it out. For some it may not be that simple. Love all of your recipes.

• Emily Bites replied: — January 12th, 2016 @ 5:34 pm

Oops! That’s pretty important ;). Thanks for the head’s up!

Janie — January 12, 2016 @ 8:46 pm

Thank you for still showing points plus. It is so so appreciated!!!

Miranda Perkins — January 13, 2016 @ 9:29 am

Emily, your recipes have made me successful on my weight watchers journey. Seriously, I recommend your website at every weight watchers meeting and when I talk to new members, or even people struggling with weight issues. My husband loves the food too and isn’t on a diet at all. I’m going to make these this weekend and add in some shredded chicken which doesn’t even increase the points value!!

Karly — January 14, 2016 @ 2:44 pm

Do you think this recipe would freeze well?

• Christa replied: — January 15th, 2016 @ 2:28 am

I’m wanting to know the same thing 🙂

• Emily Bites replied: — January 15th, 2016 @ 8:27 am

I’ve never frozen them so I can say for sure, but I don’t see why not. If you freeze them report back!

• Emily Bites replied: — January 15th, 2016 @ 8:43 am

I haven’t tried freezing it so I can’t say for sure. Let me know if you try it!

Michele — January 17, 2016 @ 7:34 pm

Made this tonight and it’s absolutely DELICIOUS!!! A total keeper! I used 16oz spinach and a whole 14oz can of artichokes. I served it with roasted brussel sprouts which complimented the dish fabulously. I know you hear it all the time but, you make being on a diet SO EASY! My husband has lost 60lbs. And has kept it off. I’ve been pregnant for the last 2 years. A few months in between. I can’t wait to lose my baby weight and I know it will be so easy because of you. Thanks Emily! Keep the great recipes coming!!!

Jessica — January 19, 2016 @ 10:57 am

Do you think we could make this ahead of time (the day before, perhaps?) and then just bake it when I want to eat it?

• Emily Bites replied: — January 26th, 2016 @ 4:41 pm

I think that should work!

Heather — January 19, 2016 @ 12:37 pm

This was excellent! And–bonus–the leftovers I just had for lunch reheated very well. I will definitely be making this again.

• Emily Bites replied: — January 26th, 2016 @ 4:41 pm

I’m so happy you loved it!

Christina — January 19, 2016 @ 7:57 pm

Love this recipe! Tastes exactly like spinach artichoke dip! I used an entire can of artichokes because I love them and added chicken- so good!

• Emily Bites replied: — January 26th, 2016 @ 4:40 pm

I’m so glad you loved it!

Amy — January 26, 2016 @ 4:02 pm

So tasty! Super simple to make. Looking forward to leftovers already 🙂 Thanks!

Amber — January 31, 2016 @ 9:11 am

Hi!
    I have a jar of marinated artichoke hearts… Will that up the points, if they are drained?
    Thanks!
    Btw…. I am a WW veteran of two years, using Skinnytaste recipes…which are fabulous! But, my family is bored with my less saucy “light” meals so I was so excited to find you!!! Your recipes are just what my family needs and the foods they love! So, thanks!

• Emily Bites replied: — January 31st, 2016 @ 9:27 am

Hi Amber, I’m happy you found me too! Thanks for all the kind words, I hope your family loves the recipes!! I love Skinnytaste too 🙂

As for the artichokes, I’m assuming the marinade is oil based? If they’re packed in oil I would just rinse them after draining them to keep the points the same. Hope that helps and that you all love this one!

Nisan — February 10, 2016 @ 1:31 pm

These were so delicious! I cannot wait to make them again!!!

Karly — February 12, 2016 @ 1:15 pm

For the record – I froze them and now I’m eating them a month later – still just as good !

Jenna — February 15, 2016 @ 5:39 pm

When I plug this into my recipe builder on the WW app I keep coming up with 10 SP. Am I missing something?

• Emily Bites replied: — February 18th, 2016 @ 1:16 pm

Hi Jenna,
      Maybe this response from my site FAQs can help?

I made one of your recipes and when I ran it through the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder it gave me a different SmartPoints value – what gives?
      I use the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder to calculate the SmartPoints values for every one of my recipes unless otherwise noted. Any discrepancies are most likely due to us using different brands or ingredients. The nutrition information of similar products from different brands can vary drastically. I try to post the brand name of the products I use as often as possible. If you are concerned you may be using different brands than I did, making substitutions or if I didn’t list a brand, feel free to run the recipe through yourself and use the SP value you come up with!

My SPs are a guideline and are what I came up with entering the ingredients into the WW recipe builder, but feel free to recalculate using your own ingredients!

Kerry — February 22, 2016 @ 9:33 am

Made this last night. It was amazing! My husband started raving about it with the first bite. I am happy to read that someone tried freezing the leftovers and they turned out fine. I was a little skeptical with a cream sauce.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jennifer — March 21, 2016 @ 9:22 pm

This turned out awesome! Such a great flavor and very filling. Thank you for the recipe. 🙂

sole sosa — March 23, 2016 @ 8:31 am

es muy rico ..y delicioso

Kylabooth06@gmail.com — November 17, 2016 @ 6:54 pm

For those of you who froze this, did you cook it longer? Or did you still cook it at the same temp and time?