Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
There’s no need to order in or go out for pizza when you can make this delicious Sausage and Ricotta Pizza at home in about 20 minutes! Not only is this pizza spicy, meaty, cheesy, saucy and crispy (so many of my favorite things), but each slice is only 193 calories or 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. No need to blot grease off this pizza! Trust me, you won’t miss it. This pizza is bursting with the flavors of creamy ricotta, spicy sausage and seasoned sauce.
I love using pre-made crusts for my pizzas because it makes the whole recipe easy and super fast. Plus, building pizzas is fun, customizable and something the whole family can help with. Looking for more ideas to build your own pizzas? Check out my Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza, Meatball Pizza, Thai Chicken Pizza, Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Meat Lovers Pizza, Cheeseburger Pizza, Margherita Pizza, Pepperoni and Pineapple Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Barbecue Chicken Pizza and Breakfast Pizza in the Pizza category of my recipe index!
Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
Yield: 6 slices
- 4 oz uncooked hot Italian poultry sausage (chicken or turkey is fine)
- 1 Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place sausage in a small skillet and bring it over medium heat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is browned.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes over the pizza sauce, followed by the shredded Mozzarella. Use a spoon to drop dollops of the ricotta around the surface of the pizza. Add the chopped basil and the cooked sausage crumbles and finish the pizza by sprinkling the Italian seasoning over top.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a preheated pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
6 per slice (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per slice (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per slice:
193 calories, 23 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original