Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta
A few weeks ago, I posted some snacks I made for a pool day with friends, including a modified version of this Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta, on Instagram and several people asked how I made them. Since these are so easy and so delicious, I decided to post the recipe to my blog so you can all enjoy! This Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta is a go-to recipe of mine as an appetizer or finger food for company, a satisfying afternoon snack and also a tasty lunch idea paired with a salad. The flavors are so fresh and bright and I love the sweet and tangy combo of strawberries, goat cheese, basil and balsamic glaze all on crusty toasted bread (yum). Plus this recipe is only 5 ingredients and each piece is only 68 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
I know a few of y’all will probably say you don’t like goat cheese (whaaat??) and ask for substitution ideas, so I’m going to preemptively offer some! Soft cheeses like ricotta, brie or The Laughing Cow cheese wedges would all be tasty. I’ve only calculated the nutrition information and Weight Watchers points for the ingredients I used in the recipe, so I’m not sure if swapping out the cheese will change the values, but luckily it’s only 5 ingredients so you can easily run it through the recipe builder with whatever substitutions you prefer.
Looking for more tasty lightened up finger foods? Check out my Caprese Wonton Bites, Ham and Cheese Twists, Loaded Potato Rounds, Cheesy Apple Walnut Bruschetta, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins, Caprese Tarts, Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels, Enchilada Cheese Rolls, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, Pizza Logs and many more in my recipe index!
Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta
Yield: 8 pieces
- 4 oz French bread baguette, sliced diagonally into eight ½ oz slices (about ½” thick)
- 3 oz goat cheese (I used Vermont Creamery Classic)
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced fresh basil (loose, not packed)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (I used Wegmans brand, but Bertolli, Gia Russa, Delallo, Roland and lots of other brands sell one)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Place the baguette slices on a foil lined baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray. Flip the slices over and spray the other side as well. Place the baguette slices in the oven for 10-14 minutes until the edges are golden.* Allow them to cool for a few minutes until they’re easy to handle.
- Spread each toasted baguette slice with goat cheese, dividing it evenly amongst the bread. Top each bread piece with one sliced strawberry and sprinkle the basil over the top. Drizzle each piece with a light zig-zag squiggle of balsamic glaze (I held a teaspoon under the bottle as a drizzled over the 8 baguette slices and it came out to about a teaspoon total) and serve.
*If you are only using one serving of bruschetta for a snack, you can either make all the baguette slices and use them as needed for a few days (store in a sealed Ziploc bag) or you can just make the toasted baguette slices as needed. I like making all of them at once because then they’re ready when I want to eat them and building my snack only takes a minute or two.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
2 SP per piece, 4 SP for two pieces (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
2 PP per piece (PP calculated using the nutrition info below and a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator)
Nutrition Information (per piece):
68 calories, 9 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original