Veggie Lover’s Flatbread
I have partnered with Flatout to create this Veggie Lover’s Flatbread. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
I decided to call this a Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, but even if you don’t consider yourself a veggie lover, this flatbread may convert you. The Flatout crust is thin and crispy and it’s topped with three types of cheeses and a variety of fresh, delicious veggies sautéed in garlic. So good. Plus, it comes together in no time at all, so it’s great for a weeknight dinner or weekend lunch. You could even serve this as finger food at a party! I used broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, carrots and tomatoes, but you can definitely change it up and use any veggies you like (mushrooms, red peppers, whatever floats your boat). As a bonus, each flatbread is just 298 calories or 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
We keep Flatout flatbreads on hand at all times for easy, impromptu pizza nights. This Veggie Lover’s Flatbread is one of the Flatout pizzas I’ve been making a lot lately, but the great thing is you can top them with anything! On busy nights when we have nothing planned for dinner, we can always put together a delicious healthy pizza, wrap or quesadilla using these flatbreads and whatever else we have on hand. The light original flatbreads are my go-to, but Flatout has something for everyone (low cal, low carb, high fiber, high protein), so try them all and find out which ones are your favorite!
Want to check out more delicious ideas for recipes using Flatouts? Try my Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Veggie Lover's Flatbread
Yield: 1 flatbread
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon shredded summer squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 diced grape tomatoes
- 1 Flatout Light Original Flatbread
- 2 wedges of The Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Garlic & Herb cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 oz 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Pour oil into a small skillet and bring to medium heat. Add the broccoli, carrots, zucchini and summer squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add the garlic. Stir together and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer the vegetables to a side dish. Stir together with the diced tomatoes and set aside.
- Place the flatbread directly onto the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 4 minutes until it stands firm when lifted. Remove from the oven and spread with the cheese wedges, leaving a bit of space around the edge for the crust. Sprinkle the mixed veggies evenly across the top of the flatbread and top with the shredded Mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Return the flatbread to the middle rack of the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes until the cheeses are melted and the edges are browned. Slice and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
8 per flatbread (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per flatbread (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
298 calories, 24 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 12 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 23 g protein, 10 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original