Easy Taco Cups
I have partnered with Flatout to create these Easy Taco Cups. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
These Easy Taco Cups are my absolute favorite new way to eat tacos. I’m in love with them. I always have trouble deciding if I want a soft or a hard shell for tacos, and these cups are the best of both worlds! Flatout’s 5 Grain Flax Foldits are like thick soft shells but they get crispy on the outside when baked in the oven and the results are the perfect blend of hard and soft. These cups are also super versatile and ideal for a taco bar. The recipe below is for a traditional ground beef taco, but feel free to get creative and make a bunch of fillings and toppings so your family or guests can customize their taco cups to their liking. I love these Easy Taco Cups for Taco Tuesday or Fiesta Friday, but they’re also a fantastic idea for a spread while you’re watching a football game!
Not only are these Easy Taco Cups simple and quick to make, they’re only 122 calories or 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each when packed with these tasty fillings! Each cup also packs 4 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein, so these little babies will fill you up and keep you feeling satisfied. I love using Flatout Foldits because in addition to being delicious, they always pack a nutritional punch. Foldits are perfect for sandwiches, but they’re also great for pizzas, snack flats, taco cups and even desserts! Plus they make wraps for whatever you’re looking for: low carb, high fiber, high protein, low cal – they have it all.
Want to see what other recipes I’ve made using Flatouts? Check out my Chicken Caesar Wraps, Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Easy Taco Cups
Yield: 12 cups
- 6 Flatout Foldit Artisan Flatbreads (I used the 5 Grain Flax flavor and loved it)
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 oz packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup shredded lettuce
- 6 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 8 tablespoons prepared guacamole
- Cilantro (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a standard sized muffin tin with cooking spray. Use a knife or kitchen shears to cut each foldit down the center to create two round flatbreads. Take each flatbread half and push it into a well in the muffin tin to create a cup. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the cups are crispy.
- While the cups are baking, place the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon or spatula, until the meat is browned and cooked through. Drain the grease from the pan and return to heat. Add the taco seasoning and water and stir together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- When the cups are done baking, fill each cup with about 3 tablespoons of the taco meat and top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and about 2 teaspoons of guacamole. Top with cilantro if desired.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
3 per cup (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per cup (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per cup:
122 calories, 10 g carbs, 0 g sugars, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original