Pecan Pie Bites
These easy, lightened up Pecan Pie Bites are a great way to indulge in the flavors of one of your favorite Thanksgiving desserts without adding too many extra calories to your holiday meal. Perfect for friendsgiving celebrations or for the big day, these sweet, decadent mini tarts are perfectly sized so you can always squeeze one in (even if you filled up on turkey). Better still, these treats take just a few minutes of prep time and bake in just 10-12 minutes – it couldn’t be easier! The flaky, crunchy phyllo shells with the sweet, nutty pecan pie filling are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your holiday celebrations and you can rest easy knowing they’re each just 58 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
Looking for more tasty, healthy Thanksgiving recipes? I’ve got you covered! Head over to my round-up of The Best Lightened up Thanksgiving Recipes. I’ve got side dishes, desserts, appetizers, breakfasts, and each recipe includes nutrition information and Weight Watchers points to help you navigate the holidays while sticking to your goals.
Pecan Pie Bites
Yield: 15 mini tarts
- 1 package of 15 mini phyllo shells (such as Athens, found in the frozen aisles)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (if you have whole pecans or pieces just chop or bash them up)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Unwrap the package of phyllo shells and place them on the baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, half and half, vanilla and salt and stir together until well mixed. Spoon the pecan mixture evenly into the phyllo shells and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the shells start to turn golden and the filling is heated through.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
2 per mini tart (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per mini tart (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per mini tart:
58 calories, 6 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 4 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Land O’Lakes