Baked Chicken Tenders
I love chicken fingers, I could eat them every day and probably never get sick of them. These Baked Chicken Tenders are a lifesaver because they’re much healthier than their fried counterparts and I love the seasoned cornflake crumbs and the little hint of heat. These are super easy to make for a weeknight meal and a serving is just 229 calories or 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
You can serve these Baked Chicken Tenders with any of your favorite dipping sauces, but they’d also be great in a wrap or chopped up on a salad. Get creative! You can easily find the pre-cut chicken breast tenderloins in most grocery stores, but I almost always buy a big pack of full size chicken breasts and cut them up myself. This is mostly because it’s cheaper and my husband sometimes gives me the side eye if I spring for the pre-cut tenders. No judgement here either way!
If you love chicken like I do, check out my Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken, Antipasto Chicken Roulades, Cheddar Ranch Chicken Tenders, Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken, Pesto Chicken Roulades, Lemon Pepper Iced Tea Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing, Pizza Chicken Roulades, Thai Chicken Skewers, Chicken Piccata, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and many, many more in the chicken section of my recipe index!
Baked Chicken Tenders
Yield: 4 (roughly 5.25 ounce) servings
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1.25 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins (you can also buy breasts and cut them into strips)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs (these are sold by the other bread crumbs in my stores, no need to crush your own!)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small dish, mix together the flour and paprika. Place the chicken strips into a gallon Ziploc bag and add the flour/paprika mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg whites and set aside. In a separate shallow dish, stir together the cornflake crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder.
- One at a time, take the flour-coated chicken strips and coat them in the egg whites and then press them into the dish of corn flake crumbs and flip so that both sides are coated in crumbs. Transfer the crumb-coated strips to the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the chicken tenders are coated and on the baking sheet, spray the tops of them with cooking spray and place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
4 per serving* (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per serving* (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per serving*:
229 calories, 12 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 35 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
*Since people may cut/buy different sized chicken tenders, I recommend determining the servings by weight. My finished tenders weighed a little over 21 ounces, so each serving was about 5.25 ounces by weight. For me this was around 3 tenders.
an Emily Bites Original