Greek Chicken Tacos
I have partnered with Flatout to create these Greek Chicken Tacos. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
I’ll get right to it: I’m obsessed with these Greek Chicken Tacos and I honestly think you will be too. They’re easy to make, they’re super flavorful and they are a great way to change up your #TacoTuesday! When Mr. Bites and I were visiting London last month we went to a market that had street food vendors and I was immediately drawn to the Greek stand to get a warm chicken pita. It ended up being one of my favorite meals from our trip and I couldn’t wait to make something similar when I got home. These Greek Chicken Tacos have all the same fresh flavors with the Mediterranean seasoned chicken, the Feta-yogurt spread and the topping of juicy, crunchy vegetables. As an added bonus I found that my favorite Flatout Foldit flatbreads are perfect in place of the pita for a much lighter meal that is every bit as delicious. The texture, thickness and size of the Foldits couldn’t be better as the base for these Greek Chicken Tacos, and now I can’t wait to try them with other taco fillings!
In addition to being fresh, delicious and super easy, each of these tacos is just 138 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints! What a calorie/points bargain, right? I love using Flatout flatbreads in my recipes (if you’ve followed my blog for a while you already know this) because in addition to being delicious and versatile, it’s easy to find the perfect flatbread for your needs. Low carb, low cal, high fiber, high protein – they have it all! The Foldit flatbreads I used in this recipe are perfect for sandwiches, tacos, snack flats and even desserts! We always have them on hand for quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Wondering what else to make with Flatout flatbreads? Check out my Easy Taco Cups, BLT Flatbreads, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Greek Chicken Tacos
Yield: 12 tacos
- 3 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 6 Flatout Foldit Artisan Flatbreads (I used the Traditional White)
- A few torn lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup diced cucumbers
- 6 kalamata olives, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Combine the Feta cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and crushed red pepper flakes in the bowl of a food processor and process for 3-5 minutes until smooth (you may need to stop it once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula). Remove the mixture from the food processor and set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, basil, oregano and rosemary and stir into the oil. Cook for a minute until fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the oil and herbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using shears or a knife, slice each Foldit in half at the seam to make two rounds. Mist a griddle pan or large skillet with cooking spray and place the Foldit rounds on the pan. Mist the tops with cooking spray and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the rounds and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the Foldits are warm and lightly browned. *If you’re not serving all the tacos at once, just warm as many Foldits as you re using.*
- To build each taco, start with a warm Foldit round and spread about 2 teaspoons of the Feta spread down the center. Top with a couple small pieces of torn lettuce and then add 1 ounce of the cooked chicken. Top the chicken with a teaspoon of diced cucumbers and a half an olive (chopped)and half a cherry tomato (chopped) and serve.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
2 per taco (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), each taco was 3 SP on the previous program
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per taco (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per taco:
138 calories, 11 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 13 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original