Feb 28

Ham and Cheese Egg Cups

Ham and Cheese Egg Cups

These easy, healthy Ham and Cheese Egg Cups are a low carb grab-and-go breakfast you and your family will love. The cups come together in no time and are packed with ham, cheese, eggs and spinach for a flavorful morning meal that you can enjoy at home or easily bring to work. Each cup is only 82 calories or 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints and has 9 grams of protein to keep you feeling full until lunch. These cups are also super versatile! You can add extra veggies, change up the cheese or mix in sausage or bacon with the eggs to suit your tastes.

Ham and Cheese Egg Cups

Looking for more healthy and delicious breakfast ideas? Check out my Apple Streusel French Toast MuffinsHam and Cheese Hash Brown QuicheMaple Bacon Breakfast WrapsPear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal SinglesBubble Up Breakfast CasseroleStrawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal SinglesHummus and Feta OmeletMini Dutch Baby PancakesSausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups and many more in the breakfast category of my recipe index!

Ham and Cheese Egg Cups

Yield: 12 egg cups

• 9 oz thinly sliced deli ham, divided (I used Hillshire Farm Deli Select)
  • 6 large eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • ¼ cup skim milk
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • ½ cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
  • 2 oz shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, divided

1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a slice of ham into each cup of the muffin tin, arranging the edges to form a ham cup. Chop up the remaining ham (my slices were about ½ ounce each so I had around 3 ounces remaining) and set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper and whisk together until yolks and whites are fully combined and beaten. Add the reserved chopped ham, the spinach and half of the shredded cheddar and stir together to combine.
  3. Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the ham cups and then top each cup with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the eggs are set.

Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
1 per egg cup (SP calculated using the recipe builder on

2 per egg cup (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on

Nutrition Information per egg cup:
82 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 9 g protein, 0 g fiber (from

an Emily Bites Original

22 Responses to “Ham and Cheese Egg Cups”

Mary Beth — March 1, 2017 @ 9:30 am

Have you tried freezing these and reheating in the microwave? If that works, these would make a great quick breakfast for a weekday!

• Emily Bites replied: — March 1st, 2017 @ 9:32 am

Hi Mary Beth, I don’t really freeze anything so I can’t say from experience, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. If you try it, report back!

Karen — March 2, 2017 @ 4:16 pm

This looks delicious. Are they in a full size muffin tin or mini muffin size?

• Emily Bites replied: — March 2nd, 2017 @ 4:17 pm

Full size 🙂

Susan — March 2, 2017 @ 6:18 pm

I made a variation of these. I don’t like pouring beaten eggs (don’t ask — it’s complicated), so I just broke a whole egg into each ham “cup”, then broke the yolks and topped with a little ribboned spinach and about 1/2 T of shredded cheese. I counted them as 2 SP for 1, 5 SP for 2. They were very good, and I’m hoping they reheat well tomorrow morning! Thanks for the great idea!

Jen — March 6, 2017 @ 2:09 pm

I have tried to make these a bajillion times, but they never turn out as well as these look! I am totally going to try your recipe instead of just winging it on my own 🙂

Sarah — March 7, 2017 @ 10:02 am

Thank you for changing up my boring scrambled eggs with cheese routine. I really liked these–the saltiness of the ham and the creaminess of the eggs and cheese. I didn’t have spinach on hand so I used diced red bell peppers instead. Yum!

Tracy — March 8, 2017 @ 11:22 am

These were super easy to make and really, really good. They’re easy to transport and only take about 30 seconds to heat up. Will make these often.

Megan Klemme — April 1, 2017 @ 12:06 pm

Just made these and forgot the milk. Would that be a problem?

Monica — May 11, 2017 @ 3:14 am

Can these be freezed? How long?

Judy — June 5, 2017 @ 5:39 pm

Can you make without the spinach?

• Emily Bites replied: — June 6th, 2017 @ 11:49 am

Deb — June 11, 2017 @ 9:44 am

These were delicious and so easy to make!

Tracey — August 20, 2017 @ 5:35 pm

How long do these stay good?

Holly — October 16, 2017 @ 9:52 pm

I am not a great cook. I would say only about 50% of the recipes I try turn out well, but these were great!! Super easy (even for me) and quick. I am on Weight Watchers and I make these on Sunday or Monday and have 2-3 for breakfast throughout the week. Thanks for the recipe and I look forward to making more recipes from your website.

• Emily Bites replied: — October 18th, 2017 @ 3:58 pm

I’m so happy you loved them! 🙂

Tammy Blough — November 13, 2017 @ 11:51 am

We love these. They freeze and refrigerate perfect. The spinach is nearly undetectable so if you don’t like spinach this is a great way to get some in your diet. My husband even loves them cold as a snack, he takes them in his lunch all the time. Add any veggies you want. Easy to make and not time consuming like most healthier foods.

Stephanie — December 15, 2017 @ 8:22 pm

Hi Emily,
    I’m relatively new to WW and have recently discovered your site. I’m not one to usually separate my eggs so I wanted to clarify the recipe. Is this 6 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites (a total of 8 eggs, 2 just without yolks) or is this 2 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks (a total of 6 eggs)?

• Lindsay replied: — January 14th, 2018 @ 5:31 pm

Hi Stephanie,

Just chiming in! It’s 6 whole eggs and then the whites from 2 more. So you need 8 eggs total or liquid egg whites. Hope that helps!

Jen — December 18, 2017 @ 8:06 pm

This is not only delicious but it’s great to take and go on workday mornings.

Corinna Brown — January 15, 2018 @ 3:31 pm

how are these with freezing?

• Emily Bites replied: — January 16th, 2018 @ 2:07 pm

I never freeze anything so I can’t answer this question from experience. if you try it out let me know!