Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
These easy, healthy Ham and Cheese Egg Cups are a low carb grab-and-go breakfast you and your family will love. The cups come together in no time and are packed with ham, cheese, eggs and spinach for a flavorful morning meal that you can enjoy at home or easily bring to work. Each cup is only 82 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints and has 9 grams of protein to keep you feeling full until lunch. These cups are also super versatile! You can add extra veggies, change up the cheese or mix in sausage or bacon with the eggs to suit your tastes.
Looking for more healthy and delicious breakfast ideas? Check out my Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole, Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Singles, Hummus and Feta Omelet, Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes, Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups and many more in the breakfast category of my recipe index!
Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
Yield: 12 egg cups
- 9 oz thinly sliced deli ham, divided (I used Hillshire Farm Deli Select)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 2 oz shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a slice of ham into each cup of the muffin tin, arranging the edges to form a ham cup. Chop up the remaining ham (my slices were about ½ ounce each so I had around 3 ounces remaining) and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper and whisk together until yolks and whites are fully combined and beaten. Add the reserved chopped ham, the spinach and half of the shredded cheddar and stir together to combine.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the ham cups and then top each cup with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the eggs are set.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
2 per egg cup (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per egg cup (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per egg cup:
82 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 9 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original