I have partnered with Flatout to create these Taco Flatbreads. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
These tasty Taco Flatbreads combine two of my favorite foods (tacos and crispy, thin crust pizza) into one and I couldn’t be happier with the result. Flavorful seasoned beef, juicy tomatoes, sweet corn, crisp lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese and a crispy flatbread crust – it’s perfection! You’ll want to eat these on pizza nights and taco Tuesdays. These Taco Flatbreads come together super quickly for weeknight meals and you can easily halve or double the recipe depending on your needs. Plus, each flatbread is only 275 calories or 7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints! Speaking of Weight Watchers SmartPoints…
Flatout Flatbreads are now endorsed by Weight Watchers®! As many of you know, I have been a long-time superfan of Flatout products because they’re tasty, versatile and a great source of protein and fiber without added sugar. As the new official flatbread of Weight Watchers, the Flatout packaging will soon display SmartPoints right on the wrapper, but just so you know, all Flatout Light flatbreads are 2 or 3 SP, all Flatout ProteinUp CarbDown flatbreads are 3 SP (with 12 grams of protein!) and all Flatout Artisan Pizza Crusts are 4 SP each. So many great options!
Looking for more recipe ideas using Flatout flatbreads? Check out my BLT Flatbreads, Savory Sausage Pumpkin Flatbreads, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Easy Taco Cups, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Yield: 2 flatbreads
- 5 oz raw 95% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 Flatout Light Original Flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 grape tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 1 ½ oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup-1 cup shredded lettuce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Place the ground beef in a skillet and bring over medium heat. Cook, using a wooden spoon to break up the beef into small pieces, until the meat is browned and cooked through. Add the corn kernels and stir together. Cook for another minute. Add the water and taco seasoning and stir together until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the oven is pre-heated, place the flatbread directly onto the middle rack and bake for about 4 minutes until it stands firm when lifted. Remove the flatbread from the oven and spread a tablespoon of taco sauce across the surface of each flatbread, leaving a bit of space around the edge for the crust. Top the sauce with the taco meat mixture from step one, dividing it evenly between the two flatbreads. Add about half the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Return the flatbread to the middle rack of the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and top with the desired amount of shredded lettuce. Sprinkle the remaining chopped tomatoes over the top. Slice and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
7 per flatbread (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per flatbread (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per flatbread:
275 calories, 23 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 9 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 31 g protein, 9 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original