Berry French Toast Muffins
If you’re looking for a tasty, easy brunch idea, these Berry French Toast Muffins are for you! Mother’s Day is coming and I think these would be a great way to show mom some love. I based these off of my Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins and I don’t know which one I love more! They’re like personal-sized cups of French toast casserole and they’re only 96 calories or 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each. The juicy bites of berry throughout these cups are a real treat and you can use whatever combination of berries you like best. These Berry French Toast Cups are perfect on their own with the sprinkle of powdered sugar, but you can also add butter or syrup as you might with traditional French toast if you prefer.
Looking for more tasty and portable breakfasts you can make in your muffin tin? Try my Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes, Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, Lemon Blueberry Muffins, Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Cups, Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, Banana Pancake Bites and many more in the breakfast section of my recipe index!
Berry French Toast Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices (for me this was 9.6 ounces) light wheat bread, cubed (I used Sara Lee Delightful)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon until combined. Add the cubed bread pieces and stir together until the bread has soaked up the liquid in the bowl. Stir in the berries. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin press down lightly on each to form them together.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the French toast muffins are cooked through and the tops are golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes and remove from the muffin tins. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and serve.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
3 per muffin (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per muffin (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
96 calories, 15 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from my Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins