Pizza Meatloaf Muffins
These Pizza Meatloaf Muffins are sure to be a huge hit with the whole family. My husband even said these might be his favorite “muffin” meal yet! I’ve made traditional Meatloaf Muffins, Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins and Mexi Meatloaf Muffins, so I thought it was about time to make one packed with all my favorite pizza flavors. These muffins have three meats (ground beef, Italian poultry sausage and turkey pepperoni) and two cheeses (Parmesan and Mozzarella) along with pizza sauce, Italian seasoning and all the other meatloaf fixings. Each of these Pizza Meatloaf Muffins is just 152 calories or 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, so it’s perfect to pair a couple of these with a salad or veggie side for a healthy meal.
If you’re looking for more tasty, lightened up dishes featuring your favorite pizza flavors, check out my Pizza Wonton Cups, Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups, Pepperoni Pizza Salad, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Pizza Burger Sliders, Pizza Pockets, Pepperoni Pull-Apart Muffins, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, Pizza Chicken Roulades, Pizza Logs, Pizza Cups, Deep Dish Pizza Casserole and more in my recipe index!
Pizza Meatloaf Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz chopped turkey pepperoni, divided (or minis)
- ¾ lb raw 95% lean ground beef
- ¾ lb raw hot Italian poultry sausage, casings removed if present (you can use chicken or turkey sausage)
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup 2% shredded Mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small skillet, bring the oil to medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Combine the Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion mixture, eggs and 1 ½ ounces of the pepperoni in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Add the ground beef and sausage and work together until combined (I use my hands for this step).
- Divide the meat mixture evenly among the 12 cups in the prepared muffin tin. Top the muffins with the pizza sauce, dividing it evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella and top with the remaining ½ ounce of the turkey pepperoni. Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
4 per muffin (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
4 per muffin (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per muffin:
152 calories, 6 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original