Chili Wonton Cups
I have made a lot of varieties of wonton cups over the years, but these Chili Wonton Cups are now one of my favorites! These hearty little cups are meaty, filling and perfect for an easy weeknight meal or as a finger food while watching the game. Double decker layers of meaty, spicy chili smothered in cheddar cheese and nestled into crispy wonton cups = comfort food perfection. Each of these Chili Wonton Cups is just 124 calories or 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, so you can easily select your perfect portion. These cups are family friendly and the leftovers are perfect for lunches!
Looking for more ways to use wonton wrappers? I’ve got you covered! Check out my recipes for Pizza Wonton Cups, Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Chicken Pesto Cupcakes, Chicken Bacon Ranch Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Taco Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Reuben Cupcakes, Turkey Club Cupcakes, Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes and many more!
Chili Wonton Cups
Yield: 12 wonton cups
- ¾ lb uncooked 95% lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a medium skillet and bring to medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break it up into small pieces as it cooks. When the meat is breaking up and almost browned, add the onions and the garlic and stir together. Continue to cook another few minutes until the meat is browned and onions are softened.
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne to the meat mixture and stir together until well combined. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chili mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half of the shredded cheddar evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chili mixture and shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the tin.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
3 per cupcake (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per cupcake (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per cupcake:
124 calories, 13 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original