Pumpkin Pie Bites
If you are looking for an easy, lightened up dish to bring to your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration, look no further than these Pumpkin Pie Bites! These mini pumpkin tarts are the perfect way to savor the flavor of your favorite dessert without adding a lot of calories to your holiday meal. You will love how fast and easy it is to make these Pumpkin Pie Bites (so much quicker than a full-sized pie) and your friends and family will love the sweetly seasoned pumpkin pie filling and the crispy phyllo shell. Each of these mini pies is just 44 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints and even if you fill up on turkey or stuffing, you’ll definitely be able to make a little room for one of these. They’re worth it!
I suggest making these Pumpkin Pie Bites the day you plan on serving them, which is easy since they come together (including bake time) in about 20 minutes (or less). If you leave the leftovers in the fridge for longer than a day the phyllo shells get soft and they lose the crispy texture. If you’re making them for yourself at home and only planning to eat a few at a time, there’s an easy solution for this! Just make the filling and only fill and bake a few at a time. Refrigerate the leftover filling until you want more. The cream cheese in these makes them really rich and thick and creamy but you can’t taste it, so don’t worry if you aren’t a cheesecake fan – the flavor here is all pumpkin.
Looking for more tasty, healthy Thanksgiving recipes? I’ve got you covered! Head over to my round-up of The Best Lightened up Thanksgiving Recipes. I’ve got side dishes, desserts, appetizers, breakfasts, and each recipe includes nutrition information and Weight Watchers points to help you navigate the holidays while sticking to your goals.
Pumpkin Pie Bites
Yield: 15 pieces
- 1 package of 15 mini phyllo shells (such as Athens, found in the frozen aisles)
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Unwrap the package of phyllo shells and place them on the baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the egg white and beat again until combined. Add the pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and beat again until well combined. Spoon the pumpkin mixture evenly into the phyllo shells and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges of the shells start to turn golden and the filling is heated through.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints:
2 per mini tart (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
1 per mini tart (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per mini tart:
44 calories, 6 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Sugar Apron